Hallett: “We've made mistakes” | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Hallett: “We've made mistakes”

Jun 27, 2013
Good point, I'm really surprised there wasn't more of a succession plan in place. It has knocked the confidence I had in how well the club was run, though equally I'm 100% sure very valuable lessons have been learned.
I get the feeling that plans weren't already in place because the board were assured that they had a manager for the entire season, not just the first half. That said, I agree wholeheartedly with you on all counts

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Awful journalism. A simple 'What were those mistakes?' isn't to hard is it? I personally would like to know, as Foster was a mistake, but did he lead them up the garden path in the interview, or take their eyes off the goals of entertaining, attaching football? We were mostly, if I recall, quite excited by Foster's England Youth pedigree, and the prospect of his links to bring it great talent from his connections. Once bitten twice shy. I'd like to think they've learned a great deal from that appointment.
We don't know what was asked. For all we know he might have been asked but not wanted to go further into it.

Mar 23, 2019
Two main mistakes.
1. Foster being employed
2. Foster not being booted early enough - should have gone before Easter if not earlier.

(A possible third being not talking to his senior players like Joe about how things were in the dressing room.)
If we get relegated it's so frustrating because 99% of us could see it wasn't going to work, why did they delay getting rid of him.

Apr 1, 2017
Yeah that will form part of a post-mortem if we go down. Difficult because it was Ian Foster who didn't appoint anyone rather than an Argyle mistake, but then were we just assuming he would bring a team with him?

Imagine you're Adam Forshaw with the career he's had, and you arrive at Argyle with barely any coaching staff for several weeks while training on already very basic facilities. Bit embarassing, isn't it?
Not as embarrassing as the number of games he has been unavailable through injury to be fair.
Beggars can't be choosers eh....

Oct 5, 2013
Surely the takeaway from what SH said as reported in the BBC’s article, is that being data-driven doesn’t necessarily mean that mistakes can’t be made, isn’t it?