Hallett, Brent and Dunford | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Hallett, Brent and Dunford

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Might sound odd, but I think out of those three James Brent has the most football expertise. Agreed with Mickey, the appointment of Michael Dunford has left me very cold indeed. I just don’t see how it’s a progressive move at all, and he seems to have cursed every club he’s been at in the last decade. That’s unfair probably, but I don’t feel encouraged at all.

Re JB, after seven years of running a football club pretty successfully, making big decisions and watching almost every game, I’m not sure how we can continue to say he’s not got that football background or expertise.

He surely does now, and he certainly has more knowledge of how a modern football club works than any of us.

Mar 27, 2013
BIDEFORD NORTH DEVON
Very sad to see James Brent stepping down as chairman & Martyn Starnes Depart last season

Both very successful in helping rebuilding Argyle

At the moment I don’t know what the future holds at PAFC

1st November we start a new Era under Simon Hallett as Chairman

Just hope we can stay up in League One

COYGs

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Biggs":c9ig24wv said:
Might sound odd, but I think out of those three James Brent has the most football expertise. Agreed with Mickey, the appointment of Michael Dunford has left me very cold indeed. I just don’t see how it’s a progressive move at all, and he seems to have cursed every club he’s been at in the last decade. That’s unfair probably, but I don’t feel encouraged at all.

Re JB, after seven years of running a football club pretty successfully, making big decisions and watching almost every game, I’m not sure how we can continue to say he’s not got that football background or expertise.

He surely does now, and he certainly has more knowledge of how a modern football club works than any of us.

Which is why now is not the time to make that change. He needs to stay until at least January.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
James Brent should be staying on. I wouldn't trust anyone to run our club better in all honesty and don't see it as just a coincidence that with him being eased out that things are falling apart.

His departure won't have been sudden, it'll have been brewing longer than we've known about it. Derek is his man, Brent is the owner Derek trusts to have faith in his leadership of our team. With one on the way out it's no wonder the other is faltering, change and the fear of that change spreads very quickly throughout an organisation particularly from the top down.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
I wouldn’t actually be surprised if Hallett acted straight away IF he does become chairman on the stated date (I agree that JB should continue for this season, just while we have all this instability, while SH is in America and after the David Felwick news).

When he became majority shareholder, he instantly dismissed the HHP office and hotel plans as ‘Akkeron’s not Argyle’s’ when buying back that land. I can see him having the same attitude to the manager... ‘James’ man, not mine’. Especially as he’s taken the chairmanship himself, despite the more obvious move just keeping JB in that position for a bit longer.

Apr 9, 2011
Agree with Biggs. I also think DA is very fortunate to be manager at such a "long suffering" is that the correct word?club as PAFC ,anywhere else & he would have been out on his ear long ago.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Bermudian Green":1prhybxc said:
Lundan Cabbie":1prhybxc said:
I don't like to see anyone losing their job but from what you can expect in football, DA is very much in that danger zone of being asked to step into the boardroom.

It's very much to the benefit of DA that we don't physically have a boardroom at the moment.

:)

Might be a "see you in the car park" conversation if it ever happens. Or just a Skype call after November 1st.