Guilty little (TV Series) secrets. | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Guilty little (TV Series) secrets.

May 22, 2006
Years ago there was an absolutely terrible game show on ITV called Interceptor. Two EXTREMELY middle-class people being guided around the countryside by some tennis player, while a Scotsman chases them in a helicopter.

The Scotsman makes eagle noises for no good reason.

Still watch it when it comes up in the youtube recommendations. Love it to bits.

May 16, 2016
Slight drift, but last night I watched the first episodes of both "On the Buses" and "Till death us do part". No particular reason other than I do enjoy finding old episodes of old comedy TV series and reflect on the change in social and domestic attitudes from then and now.

The difference in the accepted class, employment, political and domestic structures and now is worthy of deeper analysis by someone better equipped than me.

What hasn't changed is the skill and ability of top writers to capture the mood and produce moments of pure comedy where we both laugh at them and ourselves.

On a more recent guilty pleasure note, last Saturday, I watched and found myself laughing along to and enjoying "In for a penny" with the Mulhern bloke normally seen as the butt of Ant 'n' Decs jokes (think Morecambe and Wise v Des O'connor and nothing changes a winning formula).

Mat

🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
Cream First
Sep 22, 2003
Sidney, British Columbia,, Canada
Years ago there was an absolutely terrible game show on ITV called Interceptor. Two EXTREMELY middle-class people being guided around the countryside by some tennis player, while a Scotsman chases them in a helicopter.

The Scotsman makes eagle noises for no good reason.

Still watch it when it comes up in the youtube recommendations. Love it to bits.
This show was awesome. Annabel Croft wasn’t it?

pafcprogs

🌟 Pasoti Laureate 🌟
Apr 3, 2008
Westerham Kent
I saw an episode recorded live and Andy Hamilton did the warm up including offering to pay a pound to anyone who could answer a pub quiz style question. First one was which international goalkeeper won the Nobel prize for literature. He was horrified when I shouted out the answer straight away. And I got the quid.

No googling.

Dec 30, 2004
Brighton
I saw an episode recorded live and Andy Hamilton did the warm up including offering to pay a pound to anyone who could answer a pub quiz style question. First one was which international goalkeeper won the Nobel prize for literature. He was horrified when I shouted out the answer straight away. And I got the quid.

No googling.
Albert Camus.

And the weird thing is that I'm slowly going through DTDD in its entirety right now! I also still love it - my next episode is when Helen first appears.