Guardian today on McKenna (Merged) | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Guardian today on McKenna (Merged)

Jun 18, 2005
born St. Columb, Cornwall

memory man

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Who'd have thought L1 had never seen teams that play out from the back and keep the ball on the floor before he invented that way of playing ?
I simply do not get this bitching and sniping at any positive press coverage for our rivals. What you are 'quoting' is not what he said. (Though I would concede that we only have his word for that) He said he was proud of the fact that they did not give a goal away doing that. In a 24 team competition there will be managers who are better than others and attract press attention. It's not reserved for the manager who tops the lesgue. Schuey has been deservedly getting positive coversge and McKenna does too. McKenna has much to be proud of, its just that our manager has more. I noticed some people criticising the positive attention Evatt got post Wembley. But he deserved it. On the day he got more right than Schuey. But ever since those roles have been reversed, and rightly so.

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
8037.jpg

How nice to see a totally bare trophy cabinet in the background.

Sep 3, 2009
I love the line about ‘it’s hard to think of a more exciting young manager working in the country’
Umm, let me have a think now…🤣
That’s the only bit that’s a little contentious - the rest is a fair reflection. McKenna is definitely one of the most exciting managers in the country, along with Schumacher.

Reactions: saxman
Jan 27, 2006
I love the line about ‘it’s hard to think of a more exciting young manager working in the country’
Umm, let me have a think now…🤣
Clearly sports reporting's loss is investigative journalism's gain.

• Haha
Reactions: saxman