Gregg Wylde | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Gregg Wylde

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
briangreen":2twfplcv said:
Steve Evans":2twfplcv said:
landons forehead":2twfplcv said:
A waste of a wage in league two, so why did Adams give him a two year contract in league one? Like Gary Miller last year, it beggars belief.
let's not forget lionel ainsworth.i think he has played less than three hours first team football!

That's not really Ainsworths fault, just lack of opportunities. I'd personally like to see him playing right wing, Carey behind Lapado and Lameiras on the left.
If only Mr Adams thought the same way as me... :)
i agree it's not ainsworths fault.i just don't understand why derek signed him!

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
HC Green":1pj35s6a said:
Wylde played really well in mid week and scored two goals. Based on that and Lameiras’s poor performance today the substitution was understandable.

Apparently reserve football doesn't count for anything in the manager's opinion though :think:

Shocking performance from a shocking player. Not good enough for L2 so Lord knows why Derek thought he'd be good enough for the league above, especially after failing with another team at this level already.

Oct 31, 2015
r4h4al":3svyf8z3 said:
He was poor but he wasn't the worst today. I assume Reuben was injured. Don't think Grant would have come on and done any better.

He was one of the worst once he came on

Jul 17, 2011
Just a bad day to have an off day- I didn’t hear anyone complaining when he covered LB position recently...

R

rdr123

Wylde is a league 2 player at best. But then again we barely look like we would survive in league 2 at the minute!

Jan 6, 2004
I have very little doubt that on current form we would be at the bottom of league 2 too. Apart from the top half dozen teams in league 1 with much bigger budgets very little difference between the two leagues imo

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
Tony_Flags":1dz4fprs said:
r4h4al":1dz4fprs said:
He was poor but he wasn't the worst today. I assume Reuben was injured. Don't think Grant would have come on and done any better.

Probably wouldn’t have given away the free kick that led to the loss.

No but then somebody else probably would've done and we still would have lost. Maybe we would've lost 4-2 if grant came on?

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Wyldes sub appearance was very very poor. Didn't seem to want to run around. Couldn't control or pass the ball and ultimately gave away a silly free kick that cost us the game.
Even had a bust up with Carey.

Genuinely do not get what was going on his head on the day. Certainly not the way to force yourself into the team

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
Should be starting for me, he provides an outlet and play down the wing which we just don't have at the moment it's far too narrow.

Also would provide good cover for Smith Brown.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Willis88":20n5ffsn said:
After his performance on Saturday he's got a lot to answer for.

Down to him to turn it around if he plays tomorrow.

I’d be happy to never see him play for Argyle again.

Biggest waste of wages

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
We do need some natural width though.

At the moment we're trying to get Rubén & Carey buzzing around Ladapo with the full backs providing the width, good in theory, but in practice it's failing.

I'd push Carey back into the middle with Sarcevic & Songo'o, and have either Wylde or Joel on the left.