Grandstand refurb | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Grandstand refurb

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Willis88":1bzeqh59 said:
JannerinCardiff":1bzeqh59 said:
I’d like to know what plans we have to fill in the corners ?

In the current plans we have changing rooms and a control room in the corners. This appears short sighted and I’m starting to doubt whether the corners were ever planned to be filled in.

Does anyone know of any 2nd phase to fill the corners in?

Sorry to sound negative but I’m quite gutted about the refurb/redevelopment.

I think (and can't be bothered to find links):

1. Changing rooms will be hidden under the corner seats once filled, they'll be integrated like they are at the moment
2. Control room is temporary (this point has been done to death), in all of the blogs referring to it point out that it's a temp feature. The recent change in planning was that the control room initially planned for the grandstand to the left of the stand as it is currently (looking from the pitch) would have blocked supporters views. The new location is yet to be confirmed. This is covered in the latest blog post.

That is good to hear that there is a plan to have the changing rooms underneath the seating for the corners.. thanks for the information..

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
JannerinCardiff":2qfn8xus said:
tonycholwell":2qfn8xus said:
JannerinCardiff":2qfn8xus said:
I’d like to know what plans we have to fill in the corners ?

In the current plans we have changing rooms and a control room in the corners. This appears short sighted and I’m starting to doubt whether the corners were ever planned to be filled in.

Does anyone know of any 2nd phase to fill the corners in?

Sorry to sound negative but I’m quite gutted about the refurb/redevelopment.

To try to answer your question JIC, the link I have given is from a meeting of the Safety Advisory Group, Argyle and PCC represented. The minutes date from June 2017.

They tell of Phase 2.

There are many many photographs of the proposed Phase 2, often mistaken by the Herald when discussing Phase 1, easily accessible on the internet.

You will note Phase 1 includes the new changing rooms at the south eastern end of the Grandstand.

You will also note Phase 1 is due to start in January 2018 and take 12 months to complete.

The minutes report Phase 2 will join the corners with the rest of the stadium. However, to date there has been no indication of when this proposal will commence or how it will be funded.

The supporters bar was intended to be completed early September 2018, but I believe planning issues are still to be resolved.

Hope that helps.

Many thanks, much appreciated..

LOL< makes even more sense now Ive remember to put the link in:)

https://www.plymouth.gov.uk/sites/defau ... gs2017.pdf

Apr 25, 2006
Cornwall
JannerinCardiff":23j2rit2 said:
I’ve had this a few times now which is starting to cheese me off..I can absolutely tell you I am not one if these trolls with multi accounts. I plan to go to the Bristol City game and am happy to meet any one to show my drivers licence.

Can’t you be a new poster with a difference of opinion without being slurred that your something you’re not.

Btw thank you to the posters that gave me some facts about the corners, really informative.

Good to hear JIC and my apologies for casting unwarranted aspersions. Problem is, we've gotten so used to this happening on this site of late that all newcomers with an opposing point of view are likely to get tarred with the same feather unfortunately.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
No problem Kernow... I certainly don’t even consider any news on any FB page as true unless it’s vacked up with facts. Until then it’s just hearsay and rumour.

Yes there are trolls unfortunately but you can work them out easily enough I think. I tend to discard what they say..

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Webcam 2 has now been moved slightly, so you can see part of the Barn Park end

Jun 5, 2010
JannerinCardiff":4bjv93gy said:
I’ve had this a few times now which is starting to cheese me off..I can absolutely tell you I am not one if these trolls with multi accounts. I plan to go to the Bristol City game and am happy to meet any one to show my drivers licence.

Can’t you be a new poster with a difference of opinion without being slurred that your something you’re not.

Btw thank you to the posters that gave me some facts about the corners, really informative.
HERE HERE

Oct 5, 2003
Devon
I hope a suitable home can be found for that safe. Evidently designed in this country's pre-utilitarian days and worthy of preservation.

Princerock

♣️ PASALB Member
Aug 14, 2011
Green_Matt":1ukf99eu said:
I hope a suitable home can be found for that safe. Evidently designed in this country's pre-utilitarian days and worthy of preservation.

I'm sure the outcome is in safe hands.... :facepalm: .... :thumbs: .

Oct 5, 2003
Devon
Princerock":2yfglsrj said:
Green_Matt":2yfglsrj said:
I'm sure the outcome is in safe hands.... :facepalm: .... :thumbs: .
Yes hopefully it's been deposited somewhere suitable.