Grandstand open day? | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Grandstand open day?

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Guiri Green":18hfy6nu said:
Argylegames":18hfy6nu said:
PL2 3DQ":18hfy6nu said:
There's still no news on a grandstand Open Day for ordinary fans to have a look around.
The club have been active in 'showarounds' for potential business and corporate clients.

Perhaps after the Swindon game which is the final test event an Open Day can be arranged?

Fans can pay £15 or £23 to have a look around. I'm sure they'll show people around who want to hold an event there too.

Argyle are now starting to operate as a business when it comes to the grandstand and the conference facilities. From that point of view I still find it odd that they signed a contract to outsource the fan's bars. (I guess it saved the cost of building.)

£23 to have a look around facilities I probably wont use ?

Except, of course, for the time you use them.

May 16, 2016
The Doctor":3cwvsokj said:
Guiri Green":3cwvsokj said:
Argylegames":3cwvsokj said:
PL2 3DQ":3cwvsokj said:
There's still no news on a grandstand Open Day for ordinary fans to have a look around.
The club have been active in 'showarounds' for potential business and corporate clients.

Perhaps after the Swindon game which is the final test event an Open Day can be arranged?

Fans can pay £15 or £23 to have a look around. I'm sure they'll show people around who want to hold an event there too.

Argyle are now starting to operate as a business when it comes to the grandstand and the conference facilities. From that point of view I still find it odd that they signed a contract to outsource the fan's bars. (I guess it saved the cost of building.)

£23 to have a look around facilities I probably wont use ?

Except, of course, for the time you use them.

That's my surprise Birthday Treat revealed, but that's very kind of you ;)

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Argylegames":4rh7rq8z said:
I still find it odd that they signed a contract to outsource the fan's bars. (I guess it saved the cost of building.)

Really?

The Chairman at the time didn’t have a spare £1.5m spare to spend on such a facility whilst the GT’s were willing to fund it via the fans. Make total sense to me.

Now if the current Chairman was involved then, I have no doubt things might have been different, but he wasn’t and the rest is history.

The good thing is we now have two supporters facilities for us fans to choose from.

Win, win I reckon.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
IJN":2q397cw2 said:
Argylegames":2q397cw2 said:
I still find it odd that they signed a contract to outsource the fan's bars. (I guess it saved the cost of building.)

Really?

The Chairman at the time didn’t have a spare £1.5m spare to spend on such a facility whilst the GT’s were willing to fund it via the fans. Make total sense to me.

Now if the current Chairman was involved then, I have no doubt things might have been different, but he wasn’t and the rest is history.

The good thing is we now have two supporters facilities for us fans to choose from.

Win, win I reckon.
Exactly!!!
‘Outsourcing’ to the excellent and dedicated Green Taverners is not the appropriate word.

Aug 11, 2019
IJN":3psz41x7 said:
Good idea that.

Early 2020 (diary permitting - it’s quite full up!) :scarf:

Anyone interested can email me direct and I’ll get details out once a date is confirmed.

May 8, 2011
I did a tour of the Grandstand guided by Christian last Tuesday, there were about 15 on my tour.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
I went on one of the tours of the grandstand today and was impressed!
The whole set-up is geared towards Championship football, the media outlets are way beyond what is needed for League Two and the dug-outs are Premier League standard.

There's been a lot of bookings for the function rooms, the players lounge is used as a smaller function room outside of match day and the captain's lounge is used as a private corporate box on match day.
The narrow concourse is being looked at and during the summer that concourse and the Lyndhurst concourse will be re-branded and given a make-over depicting the history of the club.

The lack of legroom in the upper tier is also being looked at with the possibility of installing new seat backs.
The extended grandstand roof is causing a problem with the pitch on that side with a lack of sunlight for the grass. Lights are being installed to give the pitch some (artificial) light. I'm not sure how this will be achieved.

One seat in the lower tier near to the back is always empty and never sold - just in case Ryan Lowe is sent off. :)

The whole focus of the club is community and openess, led by Simon and Jane Hallett.
We really need to get promoted to match what is happening off the pitch.
Credit to the club for opening its doors today.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
An excellent tour led by Christian Kent who gave a very clear explanation of the numerous new facilities.
A lot of young children, with parents, were on the tours which is good for the future of our club.
If we don’t get promoted this season, it would be a great shame but it is clear that all the staff are pushing in the same direction and any success will be richly deserved.
Good to see Simon and Jane there, chatting to supporters, signing autographs and having photos taken with fans.
A welcoming and friendly atmosphere.
Well done PAFC!!

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
PL2 3DQ":fe2s353t said:
I went on one of the tours of the grandstand today and was impressed!
The whole set-up is geared towards Championship football, the media outlets are way beyond what is needed for League Two and the dug-outs are Premier League standard.

There's been a lot of bookings for the function rooms, the players lounge is used as a smaller function room outside of match day and the captain's lounge is used as a private corporate box on match day.
The narrow concourse is being looked at and during the summer that concourse and the Lyndhurst concourse will be re-branded and given a make-over depicting the history of the club.

The lack of legroom in the upper tier is also being looked at with the possibility of installing new seat backs.
The extended grandstand roof is causing a problem with the pitch on that side with a lack of sunlight for the grass. Lights are being installed to give the pitch some (artificial) light. I'm not sure how this will be achieved.

One seat in the lower tier near to the back is always empty and never sold - just in case Ryan Lowe is sent off. :)

The whole focus of the club is community and openess, led by Simon and Jane Hallett.
We really need to get promoted to match what is happening off the pitch.
Credit to the club for opening its doors today.
All good to hear.
Can't help thinking how the new seating leg room mishap got through the planning/organisation stage without anybody trying it out to see if there were any problems or issues.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Regarding the lighting on the pitch, I would think that could be easiest solved by using those portable units that Arsenal and the other elite teams use.

Presumably only an issue from November to March when the sun is low and daylight hours reduced.

leeroy221

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
May 10, 2015
cheshiregreen":28l6m8ow said:
Regarding the lighting on the pitch, I would think that could be easiest solved by using those portable units that Arsenal and the other elite teams use.

Presumably only an issue from November to March when the sun is low and daylight hours reduced.

We had a tour of Newcastle's ground the other day, they have problems with growing the grass and have remote lighting all over the pitch, not sure how to attach a pic of it here though. They use turf lighting solutions - ra-tls.com

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
leeroy221":1pppw7lu said:
cheshiregreen":1pppw7lu said:

We had a tour of Newcastle's ground the other day, they have problems with growing the grass and have remote lighting all over the pitch, not sure how to attach a pic of it here though. They use turf lighting solutions - ra-tls.com
I've seen both Spurs and Sunderland with their lighting systems on. I know Spurs use the firm you mention, possibly Sunderland too.

49562570358_b02101373c_c.jpg

49563070946_1ce566239d_c.jpg