Goodbye PAFC 125 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Goodbye PAFC 125

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Plymouth Argyle Football Club (125) Limited has applied to be struck off and dissolved. :wave:

Peter Ridsdale formed this company in July 2011 with the aim of buying the football club for £1 with Heaney and BIL purchasing the stadium and surrounding land in a deal planned to beat the Football League two club ownership rule.

Another one bites the dust.

Jul 29, 2010
I'm off to pour a large (7yr) Havana Club and drink to it's demise and the slow burning in hell of all those associated with it.

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
To think that only a year ago we were still in the thick of it surrounded by some of the most odious vultures in business and football with the very real prospect of this wonderful old club dying completely. Fair play to X-isle and a few others who were resolute in their resistance throughout. Although I fully agreed with their opinions about THEM I couldn’t face the idea of actually closing the club and would have accepted THEM if it was the only alternative – like learning to live with cancer whilst waiting & hoping for a cure. Imagine it though………..Ridsdale & Heaney….…shudders. It would have been a living death.

I know we should stop looking back on those dark times or we’ll never move forward but to use a tired old cliché it does put things in perspective today. Tetchy exchanges between fans who are pro or anti Fletcher and angry posts about why Macca is played on the wing are quite comic in their triviality by comparison. Praise the Lord!!

Jul 29, 2010
green eyed monster":2u6htrqv said:
X Isle":2u6htrqv said:
I'm off to pour a large (7yr) Havana Club and drink to it's demise and the slow burning in hell of all those associated with it.
I have some 15 year old HC....

I'll share one with ya :stout:

Nice. Hasta la siempre victoria hombre.

And 'Ave it, you're right we have to move on some time but should never forget this period. I've no doubt in years to come we'll look cancers like that in the eye again so we should never forget to fight from the off and never cross our fingers and hope for the best again.

B

bandwagon

X Isle":3qnkehta said:

I was supping the 3 year old stuff in Havana at all the old haunts for my 50th a few years ago - Just loved the 3 days we spent there!! I'm not into the older dark version!!

Jul 29, 2010
Knock yerself out, more of the dark stuff for us real men ;-)

Oh and I've watched the Trump docunasty now, what a colossal chunt. It's people like him that cause me to love the Cuban revolution and the continuing middle finger it sends to arrogant rampant American capitalist imperialism. It may be lunchtime but I'll raise a midday 'finger' of rum to dear old uncle Fidel's good health and a strong gust of wind in the direction of Trumps comb over.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
How about a drink to Khrushchev who resisted pressure from Castro to launch a pre-emptive strive on the US. Without his restraint, you wouldn't be here to raise a glass to anyone.

Jul 29, 2010
Eh? Cuba is as was, just a firecly independent collective of sugar cane growers. Pressure requires leverage, El Fidel had none.

Implying Khrushchev 'resisted' pressure is akin to saying Roy Hodgson is currently resisting pressure to pick Simon Walton ;-)

So today I shall mostly be drinking to the glorious revolution, the demise of American imperialism and the fall of PAFC 125.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Really? Castro admitted it in later life and also admitted that it would have been a grave mistake. Anyway, that's off topic and I was offering you an excuse for an extra drink.

Here's to the fall of PAFC125, chink!

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Bleddy swear checker! C-hi-nk, as in the sound of two half full glasses being knocked together!

Jul 29, 2010
GreenThing":bdv4z1ug said:
Bleddy swear checker! C-hi-nk, as in the sound of two half full glasses being knocked together!

Ha ha, clinky clinky hombre.

D

Damon.Lenszner

Thanks for that Ian - truly an event ALL Argyle fans should be celebrating.

Jul 29, 2010
Indeed, some however chose yesterday not proudly pointing towards a heroic horizon as per an inspiring soviet propaganda pose but instead it was spent pointing at fellow fans as per the American presidential election smear campaigns.

Let's ALL raise a drink to Argyle surviving the REAL enemy.