Going to HP to not watch football. | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Going to HP to not watch football.

Sep 6, 2006
Stiffler":2cjn9cyz said:
gaspargomez":2cjn9cyz said:
If you look at the people behaving like this, 90% are immature youths rather than proper men. The grown adults who take part are usually very low intelligence people who probably lead sad lives once they get home. So this is their big day out. They are too cowardly or physically incapable of fighting for real in the armed forces like true men.

But I think the authorities are too soft. They should start arresting anyone causing disturbance and take them to court. After a season or two the trouble would probably disappear for good.

I would wager good money on some of these having a better education and superior career than many on this forum.

Really? Why on earth would people with a good education and career behave like neanderthals? Very strange post.

Oct 10, 2012
Get over it.

Every club has them, a lot of other clubs have it much worse than us

Aug 5, 2016
Metal_Green_Mickey":3igpgvog said:
Seriously, Iā€™m totally dumbfounded by the morons who come to a football match and just want to fight.

It was both parties to blame. I find it hard to call these people supporters if l am honest.

Please tell me about why people see the need in paying Ā£20 so you can try and get involved in a fight with rival fans? Why not instead forgo paying the Ā£20, put an advert in a paper somewhere for a disused industrial estate and take your anger management problems out there with each other.

Itā€™s not banter, where you purposely standing at the edge of the row so your placed between the safety netting and the opposition fans baiting each other continuously whilst the football carries on. Banter is harmless fun. A laugh. Itā€™s not a tool to engage with rival fans to wind each other up enough that you to get extra security and police to hold off what would end up being a senseless riot. The actions people are carrying out in the name of their football team has got nothing to do with football, Argyle or Bristol Rovers.

Some of those fans. Both sets were a disgrace at times. An utter embarrassment for what was a match played out by two committed teams who gave their all. What is wrong with people. Passion is wonderful thing in football. Yet why on earth does it have to spill into anger that the only way to deal with your emotions is to knock someone head off. Doesnā€™t that embarrass people that they are grown adults who feel this way? Or is it their lives are so dull or sad that this is some kind of highlight.

A lot of men from both clubs today just simply need to grow up. Or seek medical help.

Seek medical help? Football hooligan culture crosses continents and has lasted generations. A lad aged 20 who wears Stone Island and likes aggro at away grounds could probably talk to his grandad who did the same in the 70s and 80s with long hair and flairs. Not personally condoning it, but that's the way it is and implying everyone involved belongs in a mental institution isn't really helpful. They might say the same about the idea of going home after every match day and spending hours on a computer writing thoughts about a lower league game of football to exchange with complete strangers.

B

Bonehead

Not condoning football violence in any way , BUT , how many of these self righteous keyboard warriors would say these stereotypical comments to the accused individuals , a round figure I guess . If you have a problem with these ā€˜knuckledraggersā€™ confront them , ask them why they allegedly act like thugs. Go on , show the same bravado as you do on here!

Stevie Wotsa

āœ… Evergreen
Nov 4, 2012
Devonport
Metal_Green_Mickey":2ug1pg8t said:
Seriously, Iā€™m totally dumbfounded by the morons who come to a football match and just want to fight.

It was both parties to blame. I find it hard to call these people supporters if l am honest.

Please tell me about why people see the need in paying Ā£20 so you can try and get involved in a fight with rival fans? Why not instead forgo paying the Ā£20, put an advert in a paper somewhere for a disused industrial estate and take your anger management problems out there with each other.

Itā€™s not banter, where you purposely standing at the edge of the row so your placed between the safety netting and the opposition fans baiting each other continuously whilst the football carries on. Banter is harmless fun. A laugh. Itā€™s not a tool to engage with rival fans to wind each other up enough that you to get extra security and police to hold off what would end up being a senseless riot. The actions people are carrying out in the name of their football team has got nothing to do with football, Argyle or Bristol Rovers.

Some of those fans. Both sets were a disgrace at times. An utter embarrassment for what was a match played out by two committed teams who gave their all. What is wrong with people. Passion is wonderful thing in football. Yet why on earth does it have to spill into anger that the only way to deal with your emotions is to knock someone head off. Doesnā€™t that embarrass people that they are grown adults who feel this way? Or is it their lives are so dull or sad that this is some kind of highlight.

If this fixture was out 20 or 30 years ago then i could possibly see what the problem is

The police and the football intelligence is nothing short of fantastic!

Yes there's always gonna be the odd few that will over step the mark but they love there club and love the team they support,

The hooligan element is nothing in comparison to what it was back in the day is there still one these day ????

Yes there was a few mishaps today but i honestly don't really know what you expected in a westcountry derby

Is it because there lives are so dull and boring i really have to disagree with that.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
plymouth1970":1bm96d7n said:
Not condoning football violence in any way , BUT , how many of these self righteous keyboard warriors would say these stereotypical comments to the accused individuals , a round figure I guess . If you have a problem with these ā€˜knuckledraggersā€™ confront them , ask them why they allegedly act like thugs. Go on , show the same bravado as you do on here!
where ignorance is bliss it is folly to be wise!you can't reason with yobs mate!

Voice of Reason

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner šŸ‘Øā€āš–ļø
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Sep 30, 2004
As a 6'5" 16st bloke who can look after himself, I would delight in telling these prats exactly what I think, but as I attend games with my son 11 year old son, I make sure I sit well away to ensure I don't put him in danger.
Can I just raise one point, those "dividers" which are just a bit of sheeting. If the place was on fire, I reckon every single fan could walk over it and exit the stadium, but when goading home/away fans, its like some kind of sticky detergent that they cant quite get over, they threaten to walk over it, through it, but actually cant do it. These guys don't actually want to fight, but give the impression to their mates, that they do.
You could see supporters on both sides take threatening steps towards the opposition fans but then certainly get caught up like a fly in a web, absolutely pathetic!! Anyone arguing on their behalf needs to get some fresh air, they are pathetic, no more, no less. Seeing the already overstretched forces having to deal with 40 year old men who want to pretend they like fighting instead of being a use to society is a sad state of affairs.

B

Bonehead

Agreed Steve , just pees me off with these so called no alls , who actually no fudge all about this

B

Bonehead

Voice_of_Reason":3u7eow1f said:
As a 6'5" 16st bloke who can look after himself, I would delight in telling these prats exactly what I think, but as I attend games with my son 11 year old son, I make sure I sit well away to ensure I don't put him in danger.
Can I just raise one point, those "dividers" which are just a bit of sheeting. If the place was on fire, I reckon every single fan could walk over it and exit the stadium, but when goading home/away fans, its like some kind of sticky detergent that they cant quite get over, they threaten to walk over it, through it, but actually cant do it. These guys don't actually want to fight, but give the impression to their mates, that they do.
You could see supporters on both sides take threatening steps towards the opposition fans but then certainly get caught up like a fly in a web, absolutely pathetic!! Anyone arguing on their behalf needs to get some fresh air, they are pathetic, no more, no less. Seeing the already overstretched forces having to deal with 40 year old men who want to pretend they like fighting instead of being a use to society is a sad state of affairs.

Good to hear fella , just what my post is asking for

I suspect these people or others are not also considering going to Russian for the England World Cup games, which if things were done in the correct manner some games could possibly have been at Home Park! :facepalm: The added reason being I do not think the Home Office will be giving out anti Polonium jabs plus the Russian's will no doubt NOT be taking prisoners!! :think: :scarf:

Mar 14, 2009
Knibbsworth":2psdjtql said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":2psdjtql said:

A lot of men from both clubs today just simply need to grow up. Or seek medical help.

Seek medical help? Football hooligan culture crosses continents and has lasted generations. A lad aged 20 who wears Stone Island and likes aggro at away grounds could probably talk to his grandad who did the same in the 70s and 80s with long hair and flairs. Not personally condoning it, but that's the way it is and implying everyone involved belongs in a mental institution isn't really helpful. They might say the same about the idea of going home after every match day and spending hours on a computer writing thoughts about a lower league game of football to exchange with complete strangers.

Eh, difference is lm not looking to punch the hell out of someone because they disagree with my view.

Take HP, out of the picture. Say your in town. You saw two sets of people shouting abuse out of each other and trying to knock the living daylights out of each other. Say itā€™s was alcohol related (which it normally is). You seriously wouldnā€™t think these people need help with their anger issues? That Iā€™m afraid is a medical issue, unless what you are saying is that these people do it not because of a mental issue they have in not understanding their behavioural problem, but for the fun and joy of it. Which then makes it an even worse scenario about that individual.

At least saying itā€™s a mental issue allows for some understanding of why they might do it. Without that, heaven forbid how society has created an individual like this.

Sep 2, 2006
Paignton
I noticed a couple of lone warriors trying to run towards the brfc fans who were apprehended by stewards before they reached their target. However I would really like the stewards to let these high intelligence individuals reach their supposed target and see what happens to them. I suspect they would never do it again after receiving a swift life lesson. It makes me laugh at all the morons who know they are protected by the stewards and police giving it the big one.

Sep 6, 2006
plymouth1970":1hcppy4y said:

So what do you expect that to achieve? So you don't have a problem with them?

Mar 14, 2009
Steve Hiscott":10s0w2jd said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":10s0w2jd said:

If this fixture was out 20 or 30 years ago then i could possibly see what the problem is

The police and the football intelligence is nothing short of fantastic!

Yes there's always gonna be the odd few that will over step the mark but they love there club and love the team they support,

The hooligan element is nothing in comparison to what it was back in the day is there still one these day ????

Yes there was a few mishaps today but i honestly don't really know what you expected in a westcountry derby

Is it because there lives are so dull and boring i really have to disagree with that.

I understand it was much ā€œworseā€ back in the day. Now itā€™s more control and a safer environment to go to.

Really my question still remains though which l donā€™t get. Why go to HP, when really your more intent in looking for a fight than watching the football. Argyle are just a vechicle for them to excuse the way they behave.

Around me people were passionate about the game but were able to control their emotions and that is where the difference is. Watching that numpty who ran onto the pitch to confront Rovers fans just because they scored. What was he thinking? What were The Rovers fans thinking when moving safety netting so they could move towards Argyle fans when it was 3-2. Brainless.

Maybe football has moved on and their are fewer of these people. Yet when you see the way people think on social media l would say society has created a problem regarding people attitudes that we sweep under the carpet, rather than actually try and deal with it.