Goals needed | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Goals needed

C

Cobi Budge.

Jervis is our top scorer, and he's a good player. Why must we compare every 'attacker' to Reuben like for like? Players have different strengths & weaknesses.

He's looked average of late because he's been used as a lone striker, a position to which he isn't suited.

When played on the right or the left he and Carey next to him have torn teams apart.

Nov 28, 2005
PLYMOUTH
After today's crap I think my OP is more accurate than ever.

The only difference is I'm not so confident of having the playoff option.

Nov 28, 2005
PLYMOUTH
Even when we were flying I posted that without another goalscorer we would probably need the play-offs.

Some agreed, some disagreed, and now I'm proven right the disagree'ers have gone quiet.

Funny that.

Mar 21, 2010
Plymouth
argobenz":1shxpgm9 said:
Even when we were flying I posted that without another goalscorer we would probably need the play-offs.

Some agreed, some disagreed, and now I'm proven right the disagree'ers have gone quiet.

Funny that.

Blimey !! Have the play off places been decided already then ?

Come the end of the season we may find that we needed another striker (probably another 19 clubs fans will think the same), we may not even make the play offs, but don't you think its a bit early to say that you are proven right in your beliefs ?

Sep 6, 2006
DartingtonPilgrim":21ll3cu3 said:
argobenz":21ll3cu3 said:

Funny that.

Come the end of the season we may find that we needed another striker (probably another 19 clubs fans will think the same), we may not even make the play offs, but don't you think its a bit early to say that you are proven right in your beliefs ?

His original post suggested he didnt rate Reid and Jervis was better. And apparently after yesterday he is even more convinced! :facepalm:

C

Cobi Budge.

The score wouldn't have been any different if we had Reuben out there, or anyone else for that matter. I'd challenge any striker to perform with the service that Brunt got yesterday.

To score goals, you do need to create chances...

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Cobi Budge. said:
The score wouldn't have been any different if we had Reuben out there, or anyone else for that matter. I'd challenge any striker to perform with the service that Brunt got yesterday.

To score goals you need to create chances.....

Or have great dead ball scoring opportunities. If ever there was an anti-climax yesterday, it was when Tanner lined up that free kick very late in the second half just outside the penalty box and slightly to the right. The preparation was deliberate and unrushed but the ball ended up high into the Devonport End. If Carey had been present to take it, I am sure the Cambridge keeper would have been worked and probably would have failed to keep the ball out of the goal.

Similarly the corner kicks would have been so much more of a threat.

Mar 21, 2010
Plymouth
Balham_Green":30eqynl9 said:
DartingtonPilgrim":30eqynl9 said:
argobenz":30eqynl9 said:

Funny that.

His original post suggested he didnt rate Reid and Jervis was better. And apparently after yesterday he is even more convinced! :facepalm:

"Even when we were flying I posted that without another goalscorer we would probably need the play-offs."

Facepalm all you want BG, i replied to this part of argobenz' latest post.

He may be even more convinced, but that doesn't prove him right , does it ?

Sep 6, 2006
DartingtonPilgrim":361jt90y said:
Balham_Green":361jt90y said:
DartingtonPilgrim":361jt90y said:
argobenz":361jt90y said:

Funny that.

"Even when we were flying I posted that without another goalscorer we would probably need the play-offs."

Sorry mate it was for Argobenz!

Mar 21, 2010
Plymouth
Balham_Green":17m08gwg said:
DartingtonPilgrim":17m08gwg said:
Balham_Green":17m08gwg said:
DartingtonPilgrim":17m08gwg said:
argobenz":17m08gwg said:

Funny that.

Sorry mate it was for Argobenz!

Apologies returned BG, my mistake .

Nov 28, 2005
PLYMOUTH
Guys

No need to get nasty, it's just my opinion.

I didn't, and still don't, think we have enough goals in us to get automatic promotion.

I'd like to judge Ruben without the penalties and now injury, and Jervis started well, but is looking rather average at present.

All of which leads me to state I believe I am right, and these guys whether through injury or lack of goals will not be enough to gain us automatic promotion.

Really really really want to be wrong...................but I don't believe I am.

TCL

Jan 25, 2012
Argobenz, you're absolutely right there is not enough goals in the team to get automatic promotion. Argo desperately need a goal scorer in January, Jervis doesn't seem to be delivering anymore & neither does Brunt. Carey gets the odd goal here and there but the odd goal very rarely win matches. With Carey now out injured & who knows when Reid will return Argo desperately need a goalscorer or else I fear their season will end in big disappointment for everybody!

Mar 21, 2010
Plymouth
DartingtonPilgrim":1zmjxf0b said:
argobenz":1zmjxf0b said:

Funny that.

argobenz":1zmjxf0b said:
Guys

I didn't, and still don't, think we have enough goals in us to get automatic promotion.

I'd like to judge Ruben without the penalties and now injury, and Jervis started well, but is looking rather average at present.

All of which leads me to state I believe I am right, and these guys whether through injury or lack of goals will not be enough to gain us automatic promotion.

Really really really want to be wrong...................but I don't believe I am.

Not getting nasty argo, just questioning your proven right statement, which is very different to the just my opinion that you've used this time.

Sep 6, 2006
argobenz":1qeejz6m said:
Guys

You are right re lacking goals wrong re your opinion of Reid. I dont actually rate Jervis. Such a pity we didnt get Lavery on loan.