Goal Rush | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Goal Rush

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Steve Evans":3mreevhk said:
Lundan Cabbie":3mreevhk said:
Pootle's Pom Pom":3mreevhk said:
Deacster":3mreevhk said:
Yeah was good to be acknowledged and big fan of Murray for calling us Argyle and not just Plymouth.

I seem to recall him during his very first broadcast saying something like "it's Argyle or Plymouth Argyle, but never just Plymouth".

I wonder who told him this :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:
take a bow cabby.

:greensmile:

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Steve Evans":2pnwdw3z said:
where did you bump into him please lundan?

I was on his TalkSPORT show and he tweeted a "thank you" afterwards. I replied telling him how he could gain even more south-west Brownie points and he said he would never forget that advice.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Lundan Cabbie":2n8s6zfm said:
Steve Evans":2n8s6zfm said:
where did you bump into him please lundan?

I was on his TalkSPORT show and he tweeted a "thank you" afterwards. I replied telling him how he could gain even more south-west Brownie points and he said he would never forget that advice.
:thumbup:

Oct 20, 2015
My wife and I phoned in to Colin Murray's show when he was on Talksport on the way to the 2016 L2 playoff final v Wombles. Thoroughly nice chap and was making the point about the huge support we took to Wembley versus the L1 final the day before. I'd like to say it made up for a disappointing day, but... well you know the rest. Ho hum, we got to league one eventually!

Dec 27, 2004
Bidford on Avon
That was one tough day.

Wombles did a number on us for sure. Never nice losing, but not even turning up was worse.

Their fans on the train back were really humble too, which made it all the more gutting.

Feel sick just thinking about it

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Slightly off topic if I may.
Jack Carroll was on The Museum of Curiosity on Radio 4 last week, I was listening on my way home from my retail gig. Put Football Manager in as an exhibit. He referred to Matt Neil going from virtual analyst to real life analyst :nworthy:

Anyway, the others clearly knew nothing about FM (or football). He did say at one stage (along the lines of):
'I've managed Plymouth Argyle up to the 2043 Season and they are still in the Fourth Division .... so it is a very realistic game!'.

Quite amusing and obviously a true FM and football fan (if anyone on here knows what a real supporter might be!) :think: :lol:

Mar 23, 2008
Pootle's Pom Pom":2et04bej said:
Deacster":2et04bej said:
Yeah was good to be acknowledged and big fan of Murray for calling us Argyle and not just Plymouth.

I seem to recall him during his very first broadcast saying something like "it's Argyle or Plymouth Argyle, but never just Plymouth".
Indeed he did, great he's followed through with it since.

Dec 27, 2004
Bidford on Avon
Just had a massive shout out on Talk Sport.

Acknowledged our phenomenal turn round in form since December and winning 31 out of 63 away games.

From bottom to 1 point off the playoffs.

COYGs :D

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Pilgrim_Joe":2h8ts3aq said:
Just had a massive shout out on Talk Sport.

Acknowledged our phenomenal turn round in form since December and winning 31 out of 63 away games.

From bottom to 1 point off the playoffs.

COYGs :D
Yes - both Adrian Durham and Darren Gough seemed well informed.