Gillingham game was the turning point | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Gillingham game was the turning point

Sep 3, 2011
I have to say Argyle seemed to learn how to win 1-0 after their defeat against the Gills, although Gillingham winning 1-0 is as likely as your dear friends up the road avoiding the drop !

B

Brad Rickard

bristold rovers boxing day for me, looked good since then. amazing day out, and 2nd half performance!

May 8, 2011
Lets not forget we've been pretty dire all season, some of the tactics and performances have been awful, we let torquay do the double over us, got knocked out the paint pot by city, lost to stourbridge but luckily just put together a decent run when we needed to!

I keep asking myself whether with the current squad could Peter Reid or any other manager have kept us up? And i think Yes, they probably could have. However Carl has done was we was brought into do and he should be given a chance next season.

The defence looks quality, one of the best defences i've seen in many a year, however we cant score goals, and these 1-0's are not good for me! Something that needs adressing, If barnet were to go down, maybe try and get izale mcleod?

Anyway concluding that short speech, i'm over the moon that we probably wont get relegated, now lets go and ruin swindon's planned party.

Feb 21, 2011
Naughty Forty":ecgu7kpf said:
Lets not forget we've been pretty dire all season, some of the tactics and performances have been awful, we let torquay do the double over us, got knocked out the paint pot by city, lost to stourbridge but luckily just put together a decent run when we needed to!

I keep asking myself whether with the current squad could Peter Reid or any other manager have kept us up? And i think Yes, they probably could have. However Carl has done was we was brought into do and he should be given a chance next season.

The defence looks quality, one of the best defences i've seen in many a year, however we cant score goals, and these 1-0's are not good for me! Something that needs adressing, If barnet were to go down, maybe try and get izale mcleod?

Anyway concluding that short speech, i'm over the moon that we probably wont get relegated, now lets go and ruin swindon's planned party.
I don't think Reid would have signed Purse, Chadwick, Wotton or Blanchard he would have used his extensive contacts and signed people with no passion for the club. We would have been down months ago. his record since Sunderland/Leeds proves he cannot manage at the lower levels, nice bloke good pundit poor manager for Argyle, fact !!

Jun 22, 2005
Yeah I agree, I think we'd have been down if Reidy was still in charge. I will always think of him highly though as he stuck by us and didn't walk away which many would have done (can you imagine if we'd had Steve Evans in charge :lol:)

I also think (though I have been critical) Fletch will turn us into a decent team next season. First thing to ensure is that you're tight at the back (check) then worry about the rest.

Mar 7, 2006
On secondment in Kent
Solid back 5, keeping things organised and water tight is a fundamental step forward.

Stick Wottsy in front of them for protection and thats a very good base for the squad next year.

Then comes the interesting (and maybe more difficuly) aspect - the attacking line up. Wingers? diamond? 2 or 3 up front?

I think we need a combative box-to-box midfielder to play alongside wotton. Someone with an engine to get up and down the pitch - if they have a bit of flair, even better! Chuck looks like he will be in L1 next year with Pompey, maybe he could come back!!

A proven goal scorer at this level would also be a great addition.

Anyone else from the relegated teams, or Port Vale that could be of interest to us?

Kenny Pester

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Oct 17, 2006
Cattedown, Plymouth.
I wouldn't mind Tom Barkhuizen, He's without a doubt the best player for Hereford this season, i think he's on loan from Blackpool. Maybe Ollie could do us another favour. Caused our team so many problems at the game.

G

Graham Cox

BadBoy":2jltqauz said:
Naughty Forty":2jltqauz said:
Lets not forget we've been pretty dire all season, some of the tactics and performances have been awful, we let torquay do the double over us, got knocked out the paint pot by city, lost to stourbridge but luckily just put together a decent runo when we needed to!

I don't think Reid would have signed Purse, Chadwick, Wotton or Blanchard he would have used his extensive contacts and signed people with no passion for the club. We would have been down months ago. his record since Sunderland/Leeds proves he cannot manage at the lower levels, nice bloke good pundit poor manager for Argyle, fact !!
I honestly believe we had a good enough squad (initially) not to get relegated last season despite the 10 points. Sacking Reid took guts and I thank Ridsdale for making a very important decision when it was needed.

West Norwood Green

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 3, 2004
Adam_R":3h2jqjod said:
Solid back 5, keeping things organised and water tight is a fundamental step forward.

Stick Wottsy in front of them for protection and thats a very good base for the squad next year.

Then comes the interesting (and maybe more difficuly) aspect - the attacking line up. Wingers? diamond? 2 or 3 up front?

I think we need a combative box-to-box midfielder to play alongside wotton. Someone with an engine to get up and down the pitch - if they have a bit of flair, even better! Chuck looks like he will be in L1 next year with Pompey, maybe he could come back!! A proven goal scorer at this level would also be a great addition.

Anyone else from the relegated teams, or Port Vale that could be of interest to us?

Funny, I was thinking that the other day, wondering if it was time he 'came home'. Any chance Ro or Wottsy could make the call....?

Nov 6, 2011
I think the 'turning point' was when we managed to get two good draws against Crawley and Southend at home. But yeah, since the Gillingham game; we've only lost once and only conceded four goals.

Mar 6, 2011
London / Plymouth
As much as i'd love to see Chuck back, don't see it happening!

1.) He'd go to another championship side, he's too good for leauge one!
2.) We could'nt afford him anyway!

Anyone thing Luke Young could potentially be that missing link?

Jul 13, 2009
LISKEARD
DrewPAFC":10vafo9v said:
As much as i'd love to see Chuck back, don't see it happening!

1.) He'd go to another championship side, he's too good for leauge one!
2.) We could'nt afford him anyway!

Anyone thing Luke Young could potentially be that missing link?

I don't know, he still has his house in crownhill