Gibson (why is he out of favour?) | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Gibson (why is he out of favour?)

Mar 8, 2024
Walthamstow
Scarr's redemption arc has been brilliant, but now might be the time to bring Gibson back to add a little composure, either (my preference) to switch to a 4, retaining Scarr and slotting Galloway at LB; or (probably ND/KN's preference) at the heart of a back 3 with Scarr on the bench.

Gibson has been my player of the year, I feel like a lot of Argyle fans underrate him tbh

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Gibson does like to take a touch whilst Galloway is more of a first time passer. With Scarr in the middle the defence can already be ponderous. Right thing to bring Scarr back after the way he was treated by Foster, equally right now to bring Gibbo back and rest Scarr.

Andy in Peverell

🚑 Steve Hooper
Sep 15, 2009
Peverell
I don’t think he’s under rated or out of favour. Its just unfortunate that our best two central defenders are both left footed ( Galloway)
If he was right footed they would be the first two defenders on the team sheet

Reactions: Meant to be fun

Penlee

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 9, 2011
Stoke in Plymouth
I think he has been hard done by. Obviously they want to pick Galloway to persuade him to sign a new deal at (already contracted) Gibson's cost

Sep 12, 2015
Gibson does like to take a touch whilst Galloway is more of a first time passer. With Scarr in the middle the defence can already be ponderous. Right thing to bring Scarr back after the way he was treated by Foster, equally right now to bring Gibbo back and rest Scarr.
Ha ha normally like your comments but scar bashing again yeh Gibson decent player but makes his share of errors the problem is midfield shorely you can see that Mr pedlar

Reactions: oldage
Sep 7, 2006
London
I think Gibson started the season very well.
However, he's actually contributed his fair share of dodgy moments, but when these happen he avoided being dropped/rotated.

All the other CBs have usually been benched after an error - perhaps not Phillips - but Gib seemed untouchable.

Don't know the reason for being benched at this moment, but seems fair to me in some ways.

The only CB who's not really had dodgy moments (until Stoke) is Galloway.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
I think he has been hard done by. Obviously they want to pick Galloway to persuade him to sign a new deal at (already contracted) Gibson's cost

Serious football clubs do not operate like that when they need to win football matches.

He’s not playing because we rotated Galloway in for his pace vs Leicester and Galloway was excellent next to Scarr who was MOTM. It made total sense to play the same 11 next time out

Sep 12, 2015
I think Gibson started the season very well.
However, he's actually contributed his fair share of dodgy moments, but when these happen he avoided being dropped/rotated.

All the other CBs have usually been benched after an error - perhaps not Phillips - but Gib seemed untouchable.

Don't know the reason for being benched at this moment, but seems fair to me in some ways.

The only CB who's not really had dodgy moments (until Stoke) is Galloway.
👍 hope Shirley reads your opinion 😂😂

Sep 12, 2015
Serious football clubs do not operate like that when they need to win football matches.

He’s not playing because we rotated Galloway in for his pace vs Leicester and Galloway was excellent next to Scarr who was MOTM. It made total sense to play the same 11 next time out
👍