GAS Board or Trust Scrutiny plus Supporters Umbrella Group? | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

GAS Board or Trust Scrutiny plus Supporters Umbrella Group?

TCM

Jun 7, 2011
Womble":p0yn20iw said:
grovehill":p0yn20iw said:
By it's very nature, a Supervisory board set up at the instigation of the owner of the club is going to struggle to be anything like truly independent.

The Trust, in terms of questioning the owner is also unlikely to be independent due to so many of the same people being involved with the trust and the CP'ers. Most of Pasoti also seems to fall into the "Brent can do no wrong" camp.

If supporters (not just those who post on internet fan sites) want a group to represent them/scrutinize the actions of then club than a truly
"Independent Supporters Group" set up and run without any involvement of Club, Trust, Internet geeks etc. would be required.

I agree entirely with the highlighted section of Grovehills post (not commenting on the rest), and that is why I believe the only way forward is with a strong Trust, despite the recent problems. The GAS board will never properly represent the fans in the way a Fans Trust will.
why would the gas board need to represent the fans?,,,it would be there to observe and report back......the trust can represent,,,

TCM

Jun 7, 2011
Womble":3a7ubgjp said:
Report back to who mike?
to the fan base womble,,,which is how i would like the gas board opperate,,eyes on the board,observe,and tell the fan base how the club are being run..thats how i understood this would pan out when the idear was first touted,,i think its a fantastic idear,,eyes on the board room,how can that not be a good thing?dont understand why any fan wouldnt support that?,,,,

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Forgive me - the whole process leaves me cold - but is there anywhere that contacts for the Gas Board are published so that a fan can make comments or get specific feed-back (other than the Tryst)?

Jan 31, 2005
South Devon
www.pafc.co.uk
Not quite sure that the word Tryst fits Mark!

As of yet, no. In fact as far as I'm aware, the group of us that are helping to set up the Board haven't even shared contact details. Unless they have, & I've been left out of course....

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
JonB":3qb27jxw said:
Not quite sure that the word Tryst fits Mark!

Adds a bit of colour though!!

Obviously it's all a "work in progress" still. I'll dip in again when it's all a bit clearer.

Aug 21, 2008
Plymouth
Mark Pedlar":2dv63c97 said:
Forgive me - the whole process leaves me cold - but is there anywhere that contacts for the Gas Board are published so that a fan can make comments or get specific feed-back (other than the Tryst)?

The GASB is still in the "planning" stage at the moment.

The provisional timetable is for elections to be held by September and for the GASB to be operational by October.

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
Mark Pedlar":28lpdxyy said:

Mark

Fans can make comments on, errr, well, here:)

The clue is in the name "Green Army Supervisory Board"

At the Cheltenham match each fan will get a newsletter with news and progress of the GB.

I think most of the regular attenders would be happy to answer any question on here.