Games tonight April 17 | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Games tonight April 17

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Green_Flash":2nlexmg6 said:
Portsmouth down and out?

Defo, very poor team IMHO But sadly put our own performance on Saturday into perspective without Taylor.

Charlton and Scunny are the competition

Jan 6, 2004
samjones":2qbmsttw said:
Green_Flash":2qbmsttw said:
Portsmouth down and out?

Defo, very poor team IMHO But sadly put our own performance on Saturday into perspective without Taylor.

Charlton and Scunny are the competition

Agree - now 2 from 3 for final places - and we are in pole

Feb 2, 2007
Glad we weren’t playing Scunny tonight- with Taylor not necessarily fit enough but who knows in a couple of weeks... that will be a massive game!

Well done Accrington. Coleman has done an epic job there. People will know who “they” are now. Sure their legions of fan will be delighted :funny:

Jan 27, 2012
Bollox- Out of the playoff positions. Overtaken by Charlton and Scunthorpe.

Argyle need to win their games in hand.

I hope Taylor recovers soon.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
It's very tight at the wrong end of our League now too. Just 4 points covering Rochdale Oldham Walsall Wimbledon and Oxford.

Jan 30, 2017
I feel like 7 points could be enough. Charlton have a really tough run in, with only 3 games left, and Scunthorpe are an unknown entity, even to themselves.

Pompey will need to win all 3.

Sep 6, 2006
9 points will guarantee it unless Charlton win last 3. They have tough run in and are very inconsistent. Pompey practically out of it and Rotherham should have nothing to play for by next week.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
Northampton have the 2nd worst goals scored record in the division, and the worst defence. They also have to go all out for a win what with their position. This could play into our hands...

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
Green90":2erq82oz said:
I feel like 7 points could be enough. Charlton have a really tough run in, with only 3 games left, and Scunthorpe are an unknown entity, even to themselves.

Agreed. Think we're reaching the point where the pack may start to thin out.

If Portsmouth lose at the weekend, they are five points behind Charlton a gap they're unlikely to close. Likewise if we win, we're four points ahead of them with two games in hand with them having two to play.

If Peterborough lose on Thursday to Blackburn they're in a similar boat to Pompey and would have to rely on others collapsing.

So, by the end of Saturday, we could be down to a three horse race. Scunthorpe's home form is inconsistent and 3 of their last 4 are at home. Charlton still have to face Blackburn next week and we have two games in hand.

Without sounding complacent or over-confident, if we don't make the playoffs from this position, even without Taylor we have really f*cked it up.

Sep 6, 2006
Nobby":1zun1we5 said:
Green90":1zun1we5 said:

Agreed. Think we're reaching the point where the pack may start to thin out.

If Portsmouth lose at the weekend, they are five points behind Charlton a gap they're unlikely to close. Likewise if we win, we're four points ahead of them with two games in hand with them having two to play.

If Peterborough lose on Thursday to Blackburn they're in a similar boat to Pompey and would have to rely on others collapsing.

So, by the end of Saturday, we could be down to a three horse race. Scunthorpe's home form is inconsistent and 3 of their last 4 are at home. Charlton still have to face Blackburn next week and we have two games in hand.

Without sounding complacent or over-confident, if we don't make the playoffs from this position, even without Taylor we have really f*cked it up.

I'd say it's already a 3 horse race. Our position keeps improving because of the games in hand but at some point we have to play them! Need Pompey to do us a favour on Saturday now.

The Doctor

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Emu":24mgicl7 said:
Northampton have the 2nd worst goals scored record in the division, and the worst defence. They also have to go all out for a win what with their position. This could play into our hands...

I don’t like this post at all. Not one little bit..,

Jul 12, 2016
Better to have the points than games in hand! We still have 4 away games to play including the two in hand so don't count your chickens.