Galloway and Miller not involved? | Page 14 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Galloway and Miller not involved?

Jul 2, 2022
That was Oldie's point, we did NOT do that, we re-signed him during a bad injury lay up whilst he nor PAFC had a scooby if he'd make it back.
I may have this wrong but I’m pretty sure it was widely reported at the time that the contract extension was triggered by a clause in Brendan’s contract linked to the number of appearances he had made before his injury. It was not necessarily the club‘s choice to resign him for another year and they likely would have released him given the option. As it is, it has worked out well for both parties. Brendan has proved himself at this level going into contract negotiations and the club have benefitted from a consistant quality player being available for most of the season.

If he chooses to move on I’ll be sad to see him go but certainly don’t feel he has any moral duty to the club.

ngs

Apr 7, 2020
I think people are getting contracts mixed up. Ryan Lowe gave Brendan the contract extension just after the knee injury against Wycombe. I believe that is the contract that triggered the extension after playing a certain amount of games at the end of last season with Schuey in charge. If I remember Schuey did an interview that came across as he wouldn't have renewed it. So really those thinking he owes something to Schuey or is loyal to him, none of the contracts have had anything to do with him.

Jan 9, 2023
I'm no fan of Foster, but I'm not sure how he can be blamed for the fact that there was no "contract on the table as soon as he (Galloway) proved his fitness last year", given Foster arrived in January. I very much doubt Foster had unilateral responsibility for contract renewals anyway. Just seems an attempt to blame him for something else when, let's face it, there's plenty to genuinely pin on him.
I specifically remember an interview where he was asked about it and said there was 'no rush'. That's not really the point though.

I'm not saying we necessarily should have been offering contracts given we still don't know what league we will be in. My point is that from a players perspective you can't blame them for looking elsewhere when, in their minds, they are effectively unemployed in 3 months time. Any human would be looking for another job and with that in mind it's pretty unreasonable to expect them to have any 'moral obligation' to us.

Looks like a moot point anyhow ;)

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
I think people are getting contracts mixed up. Ryan Lowe gave Brendan the contract extension just after the knee injury against Wycombe. I believe that is the contract that triggered the extension after playing a certain amount of games at the end of last season with Schuey in charge. If I remember Schuey did an interview that came across as he wouldn't have renewed it. So really those thinking he owes something to Schuey or is loyal to him, none of the contracts have had anything to do with him.

Also when he was out injured first time for us the contract talks was on going just before

Sep 7, 2006
London
Galloway doesn't owe "us" a thing.

1. The club took a calculated risk with the RL contract by showing faith in him that in the future we would have a fit CB with PL experience. It has, to an extent, paid off.

2. That "favour" contract expired - it wasn't a favour really but let's call it that. Club didn't seem to want to extend again, he extended it and has been excellent. He's not forever in debt for a previous contract.

Hope he re-signs! Been brilliant this season.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Galloway is our best defender at this level in my opinion and with 26 appearances in our 43 games has contributed greatly this season.
I truly hope he stays but don't feel either party owes the other particularly at this stage.

Reactions: pafc jack
May 4, 2012
Sunderland
So you think 2 out of Birmingham, Huddersfield and Sheffield Wednesday will pick up points yet we won't? We're all as bad as each other. I think tomorrow is when our safety is secured.
The point I was making is that I don't know what's going to happen. Last weekend showed it's difficult to predict, and a lot did go against us last weekend. The statistical models now will be giving completely different results to what they were giving before last weekend because of what ended up happening. I think most of the teams below us have games where they'll be confident of getting points, as we would be if we were playing any of their opponents. Stoke will probably be viewing us the same as many are viewing them. I'm not saying that's what will happen, but if it did then the gap is much smaller and the models would be completely different again.

Bryan Tregunna

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Sep 22, 2003
I think few teams will be confident of picking up any points, regardless of where they sit in the league or who the opposition is. Each side will set up to take points,but confidence will be in short supply.

I am sure that Dewsnip and Nance will prepare well, and are confident that we can win all three but I very much doubt they will be confident of actually doing so.