Free agents to come | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Free agents to come

May 16, 2016
pearces greens":1smx2rb2 said:
Quizmike":1smx2rb2 said:
HC Green":1smx2rb2 said:
so we have gone from not paying a fee for a player, to taking players on loan, to taking free agents, what is next ? getting players out of retirement ?

Both Taylor and Diagouraga were free agents, as is Church so what is the issue with signing a free agent?
Nothing , just shows how far we have fallen

How far we have fallen from the bottom of league 2 to the middle of league 1?
I meant regarding monies available, we paid 300k ,400k, and 500k for players only 10/12 years ago

and that ended well eventually ?

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
pearces greens":2hht7yem said:
Quizmike":2hht7yem said:
HC Green":2hht7yem said:
so we have gone from not paying a fee for a player, to taking players on loan, to taking free agents, what is next ? getting players out of retirement ?

Both Taylor and Diagouraga were free agents, as is Church so what is the issue with signing a free agent?

I meant regarding monies available, we paid 300k ,400k, and 500k for players only 10/12 years ago
steve McClean was a real bargain wasn't he. :facepalm:

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Dexter Blackstock, aged 31, is still available, he's obviously lost some pace but perhaps a decent replacement for Jervis.

Feb 18, 2009
Plymouth
pearces greens":1chc5u8i said:
HC Green":1chc5u8i said:
pearces greens":1chc5u8i said:

Fallen where FFS?

Feb 26, 2012
Ivybridge
Forest of Dean Green":1nexe9wx said:
pearces greens":1nexe9wx said:
Quizmike":1nexe9wx said:
HC Green":1nexe9wx said:

Nothing , just shows how far we have fallen[/quote

Fallen, or become sensible? How prepared are we to accept the position that the board have set out? That we don't buy success, we earn success. That we don't run a deficit on football operations, we live within a budget that balances cost and income? That we invest by generating a surplus and through allied commercial activity - the grandstand for example. That the aim is to over achieve on a balanced budget? I'm afraid I don't think that people have heard that message however many times the board have said it. And we think that gates being higher should mean we are stronger than other clubs in the transfer market. Well, not if they are prepared to chuck money at it and make a loss. And I am totally comfortable with us not doing that

Spot on--unfortunately you could write this a hundred times and for some it still won't register.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
PL2 3DQ":1f0c9yw1 said:
Dexter Blackstock, aged 31, is still available, he's obviously lost some pace but perhaps a decent replacement for Jervis.

I thought he was now a football agent?

Adam

Pasoti Designer
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 5, 2010
I wouldn't mind Matty Fryatt.

Hasn't been with a club since September/October, so will need some fitness training but knows where the net is..... 130 goals in 300 appearances. Spent most of his time in Championship and League One so he knows the league too.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
Adam":2fwbj5fu said:

Hasn't been with a club since September/October, so will need some fitness training but knows where the net is..... 130 goals in 300 appearances. Spent most of his time in Championship and League One so he knows the league too.

He's had a lot of serious injuries though. Not sure his body is up to L1

Jan 27, 2012
Free agents with the quality of Diagoraga are few and far between.

Most free agents are unttached to clubs for a reason. They are either not good enough, past it, or otherwise unfit to be offered a professional contract.

Some advantages though... desperate to go anywhere to play football and usually very cheap.

May 11, 2017
Great Yarmouth
Adam":qrz9wyev said:

I did a how about on him earlier this month! Was rightly told that his injury record recently has been very severe and has played very little the last couple of years!

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
gaspargomez":1f4dxukp said:

Most free agents are unttached to clubs for a reason. They are either not good enough, past it, or otherwise unfit to be offered a professional contract.

Some advantages though... desperate to go anywhere to play football and usually very cheap.
Shows how well DA did to identify Diagouraga and get him here even if it was only for a few months.

Keith Hennessey

🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
Jul 17, 2006
Blenheim New Zealand.
davie nine":38wvaahh said:
gaspargomez":38wvaahh said:

Shows how well DA did to identify Diagouraga and get him here even if it was only for a few months.

I agree davie , but don’t let the truth get in the way of a good story.. :thumbs:

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
khennes_904":2tlm2ne8 said:
davie nine":2tlm2ne8 said:
gaspargomez":2tlm2ne8 said:

I agree davie , but don’t let the truth get in the way of a good story.. :thumbs:
Well, he did set himself up.