Formation at Bradford? | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Formation at Bradford?

Oct 30, 2012
Would like to see

Cole

Berry Richards blanchard Bhasera

Lowry nelson Houraine

Macdonald

Madjo griffiths/Pch

Would be harsh to drop Pch but think two big forwards would maybe work this game have Macdonald playing off the front two not on the wing.get nelson sitting in front of defence and let full backs push forward.

Sep 3, 2009
Greenpafcpete":2nft26o6 said:
Is it a case of damage limitation, all out attack or the same old of recent?

Personally after seeing the recent performances i would adopt a 5-3-2 formation which some may view as negative but it could be just the balance that suits the players we have at present.

Blanchard playing with Nelson to his right and Richards to his left would be a formidable centre of defense imo with Blanchard allowed to venture out of the back 5 when on attack to give holding support to the midfield 3 of Hourihane sandwiched between Lowry and the creative option of Gurrieri.
Berry and S.Griffiths being given the roles of wing backs as both are a danger going forward and will provide excellent width when needed.
Then the strike partnership of Madjo and Macca which i believe would really work well, Madjo is strong and can hold the ball up better than most in the squad and Macca can either play off the shoulder of the bradford defense or come deep and use his pace to expliot the wings and run directly at the opposition.

Thoughts?

Let's just go the whole way and ask if the crowd can be handed out joysticks (or whatever the modern equivalent is) on the way in and have the whole game played out on a giant computer.

Aug 19, 2012
I love Argyle but i am getting annoyed with the current situation. Of course as usual i will be cheering on Argyle on Tuesday night even though I am unable to attend the game. However, if a Bradford win means Fletcher gets the sack i will accept a defeat.

C

callum no7

Nobby":1d8l8yds said:
I'd go 4-2-3-1:

Gilmartin

Berry
Nelson
Blanchard
Bhasera

Lowry
Hourihane

PCH
Gurrieri
Macca

Madjo.

Like this formation a lot. The 3 sitting behind Madjo have the pace and skill to attack, while also having the youth/pace to sprint back and cover when we defend.

Sadly recon we'll be at 4-4-2 again

Aug 19, 2009
Tugboat":3kjlfi2d said:
Does it matter what formation we play?

Play the same as we have been and lose
Play a completely different formation and lose
Go all out and maybe score a goal or 2 but concede more
Play defensively and don't score but probably concede
OR
Change 2 people and try something completely different.

Are you trying to sat that it is the same outcome everytime, no matter what?!! ;)