Footy trivia quiz. Help needed | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Footy trivia quiz. Help needed

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
mervyn":34hufiit said:
Can you name the only football team in England whose name bears absolutely no relation to where they play, or to any other place, and it's not Arsenal.

Forest Green Rovers

Just heard a good one on the radio four statistics programme 'more or less'.

In a penalty shoot out who has the advantage, the team kicking first or second, and what is the percentage benefit of that advantage? Interestingly this has been worked out precisely based on several years penalty shoot-outs.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
mervyn":4mzfng7x said:

In a penalty shoot out who has the advantage, the team kicking first or second, and what is the percentage benefit of that advantage? Interestingly this has been worked out precisely based on several years penalty shoot-outs.

I believe that there is a suggestion for a change in the rules for penalty shootouts, for them to incorporate the ABBA sequence rule.

Lundan Cabbie":2gx9fl9b said:
mervyn":2gx9fl9b said:

I believe that there is a suggestion for a change in the rules for penalty shootouts, for them to incorporate the ABBA sequence rule.

Yes LC. The ABBA suggestion was discussed on the programme.

Nov 18, 2011
mervyn":1pby5nt0 said:
Lundan Cabbie":1pby5nt0 said:
mervyn":1pby5nt0 said:

Whatever method is used, in penalties the winner takes it all.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Joe Totale":3i2l3yhh said:
mervyn":3i2l3yhh said:
Lundan Cabbie":3i2l3yhh said:
mervyn":3i2l3yhh said:

Whatever method is used, in penalties the winner takes it all.

:funny: