Fletcher on Radio Devon . | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Fletcher on Radio Devon .

Jul 29, 2010
MAZZA26":wtdujl1h said:
X Isle":wtdujl1h said:
greengenes":wtdujl1h said:
We rode our luck today .
Lots of ums and ahs .
Maxime took one for the team .
Gurrieri taken off tactically
The girl interviewer said he was one of the more influential Argyle players . Fletch did like that and said she must have been watching another game
The defensive side of the game is quite important at this level of the game .

Still going to accuse folk of making that up Ade?

Gurrieri leading the MOTM poll, nuff said, Fletch v fans, fans win - always.

:crazy: Who posted on the MOTM poll? Posters from the game or posters listening on the radio?
Fletch v Fans, fans always win Nuff said? What are you on about? Are you telling me that when I listen to talksport because i've lost my mind at that time and then some fan is talking about something or another about some manager then they automatically win the argument? Unbelievable.
It's not us against the world/or fletcher in this case!

You've lost me TBH, don't follow your problem.

To simplify it for you, if Fletch thinks he can say to people "you're wrong, I know best" then we can show him a league table that says otherwise - that's obvious innit?

If the consensus of fan opinion had picked the team these last 2-3 months then Guy Madjo would've started every game in a 442 formation. Do you honestly believe we wouldn't have won more games?

That's what I mean by Fletch v fans. Pick 10 random fans from the crowd and a majority would pick a better team.......but no, "you were looking at another game, I'm the billy big bollox manager here, I know best"

20th Carl. 20th in the fourth tier of English football with 5 points from what, a possible 30?

Do me a favour son :doh:

Jul 29, 2010
......and another thing, is that what he's going to say to any director of fudge that ever gets appointed too "nah, get back to the paperwork fool, you were watching a different game".

I've no specific problem with arrogance, belligerence and stubborness if the individual is more often right, but when he's more often wrong they're not desirable traits. He needs to listen and learn from a DOF, I have zero confidence he'll do so. It's Carl's way or no way.

I say again, 20th, 20th in the fourth tier of English football, 5 points from 30.......and I'll raise you 4 points from 19th too.

A

asweet1986

If you think Gurrieri was MOM you couldn't have been watching, he did nothing!
Fletch had a good game today, putting Williams in at half time and pushing Bhasera up to left wing made a massive difference, we were much more dangerous like that, the double substitution of Feeney and Chadwick was also a good one.

I don't think he's the right man for the job, but today he got his changes spot on.

R

RedGreen

asweet1986":q0l3t46p said:
If you think Gurrieri was MOM you couldn't have been watching, he did nothing!
Fletch had a good game today, putting Williams in at half time and pushing Bhasera up to left wing made a massive difference, we were much more dangerous like that, the double substitution of Feeney and Chadwick was also a good one.

I don't think he's the right man for the job, but today he got his changes spot on.

Oh well, that makes the rest of the season ok then, no wukin furries!

Sep 18, 2004
West in East Anglia
The female reporter was the same one whos was in the Argyle away terracing end and basically asked the question to which any fan was wondering about. Fletchers reply was sounding dismissive because of her gender and maybe iratated and being ask why directly. instead padding it out with a platitude. would Soparksy have the same answer, I think not.

Jul 6, 2005
Mr Smith":2oesa6uf said:
samjones":2oesa6uf said:
Another inept performance from Fletcher.
Even a girl reporter can read the game better than him.
A point gained despite of FLETCHER. Worst Argyle manager in the clubs history as far as I'm concerned

What planet are you on?

CF's tactical change WORKED.
Yes, the changes worked but let's put it into the context of the 90 minutes.

Fletcher was forced to make changes because the original game plan, team shape and tactics were wrong once again.

We started brightly for the first 10 minutes, then for the next hour we were our usual dross and merely passing for passing sake without creating anything but occassionally losing the ball and putting ourselves under pressure.

On another day, Cureton would have scored at least 2, but we are due some luck and today his finishing was asbysmal; how he (so badly) missed that one-on-one with Gilmartin I'll never know.

Fletcher persists with playing Gurrieri in the hole behind a slow, cumbersome lone-forward who could not trap a bag of cement, hold the ball up or win a header and is static for much of the time; its almost like playing with 10 men with Argyle knocking the ball forwards only for it to come straight back.

I cannot think of one instance where Gurrieri linked up with Griffiths, so what's the point?

It's painful to watch the Fireman who looks so inept in this role, he truly is shocking as a lone-striker. Surely when he bought him, Fletcher never intended to use him in this way, or did he?

Gurrieri flatters to deceive and never knows when to release the ball and often loses it trying to take on one player too many when he could have laid it off or even got a shot away.

No other team in Leagues 1 or 2 play this style, it's very difficult even when you have far more technically gifted players that the dross we have.

However, when we went to 2 up front, the ball got played forward a bit quicker - that doesn't mean it was hoofball Esmer & Co. - there was even some good movement from Feeney and Chadwick and we got more bodies and more crosses into their box and they were creaking.

For 15 minutes or so it looked as if we might actually win it playing that way but once we lost Blanchard we had to settle for the draw.

Fletcher a tactical genius? No way.

Fletcher out? Absolutley and get someone who knows how to play at this level over 90 minutes.

Y2J

Dec 28, 2004
Cornwall
Mr Smith":2wvbjih2 said:
samjones":2wvbjih2 said:
A point gained despite of FLETCHER. Worst Argyle manager in the clubs history as far as I'm concerned

What planet are you on?

Quiet you. The unwritten rule on here is that the manager must be vilified and slagged off as much as possible. Giving him the slightest bit of credit is forbidden.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Argyle_4_Life":h6rc8msa said:
Mr Smith":h6rc8msa said:
samjones":h6rc8msa said:

What planet are you on?

Quiet you. The unwritten rule on here is that the manager must be vilified and slagged off as much as possible. Giving him the slightest bit of credit is forbidden.
You mean his preferred tactical method failed miserably which cost a goal and could have cost us 2 or 3 more if they had taken there chances. It was a forced change to go 4-4-2.

Y2J

Dec 28, 2004
Cornwall
Tugboat":82dxj2ve said:
You mean his preferred tactical method failed miserably which cost a goal and could have cost us 2 or 3 more if they had taken there chances. It was a forced change to go 4-4-2.

Hardly. We were well in the game before the changes. If we were outplayed and didn't deserve at least a point then people wouldn't be saying we held our own. I've lost count of how many good chances we've fluffed this season, so it's about time one of the division's leading goalscorers missed one against us.