Fleetwood v Argyle Match Thread | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Fleetwood v Argyle Match Thread

Feb 13, 2021
Perhaps it is just as well I am not watching, £10 taken out of my bank account, no picture and commentary only

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021
The one difference between the two teams is the width.

They have Lane who is dribbling on the right side. We are nothing in the final third from our wing backs.

Meanwhile, we are pumping long balls with no target man up front.

Scrappy game. Argyle can win this though but need some width to supply Jephcott. That’s his game. Not winning long balls.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
Not good viewing, and probably only marginally better than the first half away at Sheff Weds. At least we're still in it though. Tactics make no sense so far. Not getting the ball down enough, wing backs have offered nothing. Broom is running around like a headless chicken and Camara hasn't had his usual impact. Neither striker is holding the ball up and the distribution from the centre backs is wayward.

We are really missing the ability of Mayor to receive the ball on the half turn and drag some players out of position. I'd like to see Ennis on for the second half.

Adam Randell has been very good.

Need to be better second half as this is very winnable.

Reactions: Lobster and Tugboat
Sep 3, 2009
Pudding of a pitch, meaning quick passing on the deck is difficult and high risk. Long ball isn’t working really. Fleetwood managing the conditions better but this is still there for the taking. COYG.

Oct 20, 2015
Pitch is dreadful, but Fleetwood better at playing on that claggy ground. Cooper has been MoM so far, couple of excellent saves but the worry is he shouldn't be so busy.

We'll see what Shuey does to mix it up a bit, I've been impressed with his substitutions so far.

max

Jan 5, 2012
PORTSMOUTH
Edwards going forward but too slow to get back. Two forwards need support (but not Edwards). Man mark their winger. That would be a start!!

Jul 12, 2016
We have been found out and don't seem able to do anything about it.Even the weaker teams have sussed out our tactics and the open space we leave as a result

Reactions: Tugboat