Fixtures Thursday (Rotherham away) | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Fixtures Thursday (Rotherham away)

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
AdelaideGreen":3qc7qquv said:
So Cheltenham and Portsmouth are "derby" matches.

Neither is within 150 miles (or 250 kilometres) from the Ocean city.
The actual distances are 158 miles/254 kilometres to Cheltenham and 172 miles (or 277 kilometres) to the toilet mouths.

We may be forced by geography to see these as our closest opposition (nothing new I guess), but will this be anything special to them?

The rivalry with Pompous I get, as there are historical reasons, but Cheltenham (pass the cucumber sandwiches if you please)?

I haven’t seen anyone suggest that Cheltenham is a derby. They may be in the same region but like you say, hardly close by any stretch of the imagination.

AdelaideGreen

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Jan 11, 2017
Lundan Cabbie":yhmuwnqc said:
AdelaideGreen":yhmuwnqc said:
So Cheltenham and Portsmouth are "derby" matches.

Neither is within 150 miles (or 250 kilometres) from the Ocean city.
The actual distances are 158 miles/254 kilometres to Cheltenham and 172 miles (or 277 kilometres) to the toilet mouths.

We may be forced by geography to see these as our closest opposition (nothing new I guess), but will this be anything special to them?

The rivalry with Pompous I get, as there are historical reasons, but Cheltenham (pass the cucumber sandwiches if you please)?

I haven’t seen anyone suggest that Cheltenham is a derby. They may be in the same region but like you say, hardly close by any stretch of the imagination.

It sounds odd, but they are our "nearest neighbours" next season in in L1.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
AdelaideGreen":2nahhevl said:
Pogleswoody":2nahhevl said:
Got an email at 10.13 from The Terrace offering a mug printed with all the fixtures incl. a picture of the mug.
Now I'm an old non-techie but I'm impressed. Is that 'easier' than I imagine it to be?

Or if you bought it - sight unseen - would you be the mug??
:coat:

I am an Argyle fan, double vacc'd, ST bought, fixtures downloaded to my phone (though I admit I may never see them again!), awaiting new green strip (away?), My cup floweth over Ady!! :scarf:

Apr 9, 2011
Yep Cheltenham will be our local derby! When you look at the map of lge 1 grounds for next season we are so out on a limb down here. Gas got relegated them up the road didnt make it AGAIN that would have helped a lot.
Cant believe our lack of luck with the Boxing Day fixtures

S

satfan

Boxing Day away very disappointing as that day best attendances usually of season as slot of exiles visiting family.