First image of the new kit | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

First image of the new kit

Your first impression of the new home shirt?

• I like it

Votes: 60 69.0%
  • I don't like it

Votes: 12 13.8%
  • Undecided

Votes: 15 17.2%

• Total voters
Dec 8, 2019
I personally like the shade.
My definition of argyle green is based on the youngest photo of me in a kit which is 2000/01

Jun 27, 2019
I like the 'modern' Argyle green. It sets us apart from other green clubs such as Celtic, Yeovil, Sporting etc. I can't think of any other club off hand who play in racing green like we do.

That said, I wish they would do more with the home shirts. This season's is dull as anything, and so will next season's if it isn't broken up with some kind of white or black flourish. I suspect we'll just get white cuffs and that'll be that.

Our best home kits down the years have prominently featured white, black or both.

Cdp

Oct 18, 2014
Wrexham
so green with black collar and stripe down arm it is then.

Probably will have black down both sides under arms so will be a very dark shirt.
Be nice to see the kit in full though.

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
On first look the Green is brighter and better than recent years
Recent years shirts have looked like they have been this colour but been in the washing machine 5000 times before you buy it

Ine thing for me with Argyle shirts of recent years is that the logos whatever colour or style start peeling very quickly

The puma shirts I had from the Norris era have only just started to fo that and I wore those to death these hardly get worn these days normally only match times and they peel within there life period

I think puma take the mick with the quality for the cost when you see there standard shirts being sold under £20

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
🎫 ST Donor 🎫
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
That's probably true, but remember it's the same for every single shirt manufacturer and every single club. By and large the shirts are now all made in exactly the same way.

I suppose we should be grateful the shirts are 'only' £40, it's clearly a total outrage that the top clubs/manufacturers are charging £60-80.

This City shirt is no better than any of ours and it was on sale for £65... https://shop.mancity.com/stores/mancity ... 2Chome-kit

Jul 14, 2008
American sports merch is even worse. An NBA jersey, which obviously has less material than a football shirt is £80.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
🎫 ST Donor 🎫
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Herts_Green":3e82q2sh said:
American sports merch is even worse. An NBA jersey, which obviously has less material than a football shirt is £80.

True, though at least those jerseys are plain and aren't (I don't think) released every year, so you can justify the price a little more.

A Boston Celtics jersey is literally a green vest with the badge and the Nike swoosh, buy that and you wear it for 10 years or so.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🎫 ST Donor 🎫
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
I paid £80 at Wembley 6 years ago for an NFL shirt. Shirt still looks great, the player whose name is on the back left the team two months later after turning down a multi-million per year contract. They only sold shirts with player's names on.

At least at HP you can get a plain shirt!

tonsk

🎫 ST Donor 🎫
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 19, 2003
Plymouth
www.dastardlys.co.uk
The Doctor":85whlpkz said:
The colour looks nice but the button - absolutely yuk - that's definitely one person in our household who won't be buying it, however nice the rest of it looks.

Quite a lot of people have a phobia of buttons.

(I'm not referring to myself here)

Koumpounophobia

I grew up with someone who hated buttons.

tonsk