First Argyle Game | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

First Argyle Game

Mar 20, 2023
The first game I have memories of was the last game of the 77/78 season, the 6 nil against Bradford. I know I went to games before this but can’t remember them, although I do remember the Man U st Etienne game at HP in 77.

Apr 16, 2016
Can't remember the very first ( probably about 8 and would have entertained myself walking around the ground or climbing the bottom of the floodlight pylon in the Spion Kop ) but the first very memorable home one was promotion v Colchester in 1975.
The first memorable away game was Leeds 1973

Apr 6, 2013
One of the first I remember was Boxing Day 1967, losing 1-0 to QPR. Late penalty after a foul on Rodney Marsh caused a near riot!

Reactions: RB00194

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
I know it was Tranmere and I know I was 4. I’m pretty sure it was a 1-0 win which makes it 22nd Feb 69 - which makes sense as my Dad would have taken me to my first game for a birthday treat.

RB00194

Cream First
Brickfields Donor
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 8, 2024
15 Oct 1988 - Argyle 0-1 Manchester City. Sitting in the west wing of the grandstand with my dad. I remember that there was a loudmouth Mancunian sitting a few rows behind us, bragging about hammering us in the league cup a few days earlier.

My second game was a couple of months later. We were destroyed by Sunderland at home. The memory I have of this game is of Sunderland fans doing the conga around the barn park end.
My second game was Argyle Cardiff. Mpenza gave my uncle 2 free tickets for supplying him with all the electronics he wanted for his flat.

Aug 4, 2011
Can’t remember first game either but would’ve been around 89/90. First definitive memory is the 92 relegation game against Blackburn when Speedie scored a hat trick although I’d definitely been to several games prior to that

Oct 10, 2018
Best game you have seen- mine a toss up between Argyke winning 6-3 against Leeds early 90's, or 5-4 Argyke beating Blackburn can't remember if Tynan scored 4, I think he did.

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
Ixelles/The City of Plymouth
I can't remember the opponents, but it was during the 90/91 season. Dad had bought us tickets for the Lyndhurst, but we'd somehow got in on the Mayflower side, so a steward walked us across the pitch in front of the old Barn Park terrace and we got stuff chucked at us by whoever the away fans were.

We came from behind to win 2-1, and I remember being outraged that the away fans had the chutzpah to celebrate their goal. One day I'll try to work out who we were playing, but I have absolutely no memory of what time of year the game was.