Finn Azaz (signs for Middlesbrough - confirmed) 😢 | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Finn Azaz (signs for Middlesbrough - confirmed) 😢

Jul 9, 2011
Maybe we are trying to get something sorted on paper before the January transfer window opens and somebody else comes calling who knows him well

Last edited:

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Seen what they posted about Schumacher going Stoke? IMG_0318.jpeg

May 8, 2023
Would be surprised.

Even if his contract is up in the summer, domestic teams can't discuss terms with out of contract players until, I believe, 30 days before expiry, whereas its 6 months for international signings.

I'd also question, why given Villa's recent strategy with selling youngsters (Archer, Ramsay and Philogene) why they would be willing to give him up for a low transfer fee (as I genuinely think Villa would be looking for something around the £5m mark based on their past dealings, which would put Argyle out of the reckoning). Only way around this is if there was a clause in his loan deal.

Not saying it's impossible by any stretch, but I think it's a little unlikely. Happy to be proven wrong.

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
Would be surprised.

Even if his contract is up in the summer, domestic teams can't discuss terms with out of contract players until, I believe, 30 days before expiry, whereas its 6 months for international signings.

I'd also question, why given Villa's recent strategy with selling youngsters (Archer, Ramsay and Philogene) why they would be willing to give him up for a low transfer fee (as I genuinely think Villa would be looking for something around the £5m mark based on their past dealings, which would put Argyle out of the reckoning). Only way around this is if there was a clause in his loan deal.

Not saying it's impossible by any stretch, but I think it's a little unlikely. Happy to be proven wrong.
£5m hahahaha

Reactions: Said old Green
Jan 9, 2023
It would be tremendously ironic if in the act of going to Stoke, Schumacher has inadvertently released the funds he had been requesting. I did wonder if something had been agreed at the time - the loan deal took forever to drop this summer and all the initial rumours were of a purchase, which suggests some form of negotiations were taking place. Have we played an absolute blinder here, by managing to agree a figure and defer until we had the cash?

Finn Azaz isn't just one of the best players in the squad, he's one of the best players in the league. Saturday was an Akos-like performance, first 20 at QPR as well. In fact the last couple of games he's been nothing short of sensational. It would be an incredible signing.

Lancastergreen

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
Have you seen what Villa did with any of the youngsters I mentioned or did you not want to add anything constructive?
It was very constructive, £5m for Azaz? You're drinking right?

Reactions: Said old Green
Jan 9, 2023
If we can't find the money, we know who will.
Their hands are tied by FFP at the moment. Even the mega-rich have limitations! The suggestion is the only way they can afford outlay after the summer is if they can get wages off the books, so they might not be splashing too much of the moolah about January. Also reading their board they are fairly stacked in that position.

Far more likely they go in for one of our keepers, and good luck to them on that - if they can't afford Finn they won't be able to afford Cooper. I suspect we'll be safe from any January raids...

May 8, 2023
It was very constructive, £5m for Azaz? You're drinking right?
Like the £5m Villa got for Philogene with one "okay" loan spell in the Championship, which Azaz by the way has surpassed, stats wise in 15 less games(all comps) this season.

And the £20m for Cameron Archer with Championship best stats of 11 goals in 20 and no Premier experience.

And the £15m for Aaron Ramsay with 5 goals in 11 games (best season in Championship) and a couple of big injuries already at a young age.

I've not been drinking at all, but based on Villa's history of selling youth players, I'd put money on not being far off.

Dec 19, 2009
Like the £5m Villa got for Philogene with one "okay" loan spell in the Championship, which Azaz by the way has surpassed, stats wise in 15 less games(all comps) this season.

And the £20m for Cameron Archer with Championship best stats of 11 goals in 20 and no Premier experience.

And the £15m for Aaron Ramsay with 5 goals in 11 games (best season in Championship) and a couple of big injuries already at a young age.

I've not been drinking at all, but based on Villa's history of selling youth players, I'd put money on not being far off.
In which case we won't be signing him permanently then.

Lancastergreen

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth

I would be amazed if we wasted £5m on Azaz, he isn't my favourite player but I recognise that he is good but in my opinion Whittaker would have been more £5m than Azaz!