FGR new stadium to be made from wood | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

FGR new stadium to be made from wood

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
How is chopping down trees to build a football stadium good for the environment?

• Eye-Roll
Reactions: Mike Charlick
May 16, 2016
A Club better known for its proposed stadium rather and 'character' owner than any footballing prowess.

Rushden & Diamonds Mk2

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Which Football League will they be in when Mr Vince finally accomplishes his dream
Darlington's ill fainted Stadium comes to mind

Not sure there's much relevance to Darlington. They built a 25,000 capacity stadium that they couldn't afford and couldn't fill which led to all sorts of problems. Forest Green's proposed new ground has a 5,000 capacity.

Nov 18, 2011
Not sure there's much relevance to Darlington. They built a 25,000 capacity stadium that they couldn't afford and couldn't fill which led to all sorts of problems. Forest Green's proposed new ground has a 5,000 capacity.
Indeed. Plus by being closer to the M5 and with buses from the nearest station it'll be easier to get to which may encourage more fans.

Can't be worse than the walk up the hill to their current stadium!

Apr 16, 2016
Good on them, you could do much worse than Vince. I know he's not to everyone's taste, but I'd far rather have him running my club than the gambling vultures of Bet365 who own Stoke, for example.
Would you ?
Imagine Home Park with no proper pasties and a Palestinian flag flying from the Mayflower ?
It would become the " Hamas & Hamless " for me. I'd feel the need to stop financially supporting Argyle both in protest and in case his further wealth further funded attacks on Art Galleries, Theatres and people trying to get to work.
Betting greed isn't great either to be fair , but Vince at Argo .. all the togetherness would be shattered.
FGR maybe heading for ( League) Extinction before the planet.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
I wonder how many chopped down trees will be sacrificed for that?
Weird that when PCC cut down unhealthy trees that were going to be replaced with even more healthy ones there was uproar. Yet this clown is lauding chopping down 100’s of mature healthy trees to build a stadium.

Dreamgreen

✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 28, 2004
Salisbury, Wiltshire
I'd love it if a "Just stop football" march stopped all 5,000 from getting into the new ground when it is built.
Vince has been a plank re "Just stop oil", so it is quite apt. Glad he has seen sense at last and stopped funding them.

Apr 16, 2016
His flying the Palestinian flag at FGR and ' taking sides' in what is probably the most complicated and unsolvable problem of its type in the world today looks, at best, pretty ill judged in the light of this weekend's horrific events. So glad no such politics at Argyle.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
Let’s leave the politics out of it please or posts will be deleted. 👍

• Haha
Reactions: Mike Charlick