Feeney signs | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Feeney signs

Jul 11, 2006
tiverton
greenpig27":1dxj2vol said:
Argyle-sy":1dxj2vol said:
Good solid signing for this division. May not be an out and out goalscorer but has always had a touch of class about him, we have the making of a very good squad coming together and players like Warren Feeney are welcome additions.

Hi sy ! Just noticed you been back a couple of posts ! Where's you bin !? :greensmile:

Also, I agree with your remarks about Feeney.
Some will look at his record and say he doesn't score enough...but we all know that there is a lot more to a front man than just the goal tally.

Hi mate yes it has been a fair while. Had a lot of family issues to deal with in the last year and a half and to be honest I was getting fed up with some of the sniping aimed in my direction so decided to leave the board for a while, been observing all things green still though, hopefully this season will bring an improvement on the last couple.

Warren was very highly though of at Bournemouth, very good lower league striker who will do well in my opinion. Not an out and out goalscorer as I said previously but I think he will contribute 10-15 goals for us this season, if the Kandol deal does come off it wouldn't surprise me to see him alongside Feeney up front.

Jul 12, 2011
Mountwise Plymouth
Seems hungry for football and appears has taken a pay cut to join us!

I think everyone should give the lad a chance and let him show us what he has got, nevermind this previous record rubbish.

With the amount of youngsters in the team this season one extra experienced player could benefit others more

T

Tim Chown

Centre Circle":2a38nodb said:
He's said some good things in the Herald this morning; seems to really like he club for some reason!

If you consider it a Patterson replacement, we've done more than alright.

And welcome back Sy!

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Saying all the right things

This is a great move for me because you never realise how big a club like Plymouth is until you step inside and this is a Championship club, never mind League One, in every way but status.

"Hopefully, we can try to get this club back where it belongs in the next few years and everyone connected to the club, from Peter Reid and Peter Ridsdale to all the players, all want to make that happen.

"They were in the Championship not so long ago and the catchment area they have is vast, with a great fanbase already in place.

"I think that around 4,000-5,000 turned up for Romain Larrieu's testimonial against QPR the other week and they've got a great squad of players here.

"It is something that I am looking forward to being a part of and I'm just delighted to have got everything completed so quickly."

Jul 11, 2006
tiverton
green eyed monster":14gmz3fa said:
greenpig27) Some will look at his record and say he doesn't score enough...[b:14gmz3fa said:
but we all know that there is a lot more to a front man than just the goal tally[/b].

I seem to remember a certain Mr MacLean using that excuse :lol:

Valid point but how often was Maclean used in his favoured position ?. Look at his record at scunthorpe and it shows that when was played as an out and out striker he had goals in him, the reason that players like Maclean and Gow were seen as such failures is because they were never utilised in their favoured positions.

Jul 11, 2006
tiverton
GreenGuy":3f8iy038 said:
Centre Circle":3f8iy038 said:
He's said some good things in the Herald this morning; seems to really like he club for some reason!

If you consider it a Patterson replacement, we've done more than alright.

And welcome back Sy!

Definately sounds happy to of signed for us and as i've said he is a proven lower league striker, should do well for us with creative players like Hourihane and Daley. Definately a more than able replacement for Patterson in my opinion.

Thanks GG, good to see you mate :)

Bubba

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 26, 2006
to quote someone who watched him train this morning " fudge me he is a lethal finisher - he didnt miss a thing! he reminds me of a quicker Barry Hayles"

If true can only be a good thing!

Topboy

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Oct 2, 2003
Plympton
Nice comments in the Herald - slightly over and above the usual trotted out lines. Looking forward to seeing him play.

And good to see you back Sy. Hope all is well.

B

BFG

I am quite confidentnthat Feeney will get a decent amout og goals at this level if he stays fit and the providers out wide stay fit aswell.
Do not be suprised at all if he manages 15-20 goals.

:greensmile:

Jul 11, 2006
tiverton
Topboy":7fvys0a5 said:
Nice comments in the Herald - slightly over and above the usual trotted out lines. Looking forward to seeing him play.

And good to see you back Sy. Hope all is well.

Thanks Topboy, not too bad thanks, trust all is well with you as well.

Mar 21, 2010
Plymouth
Pleased to read Warren's comments in the herald, could be a perfect match for Argyle in the same way Jack Lester has been with Chesterfield. Comparing their stats, Feeney has scored 77 career club goals in 221(99) games, and Lester had scored 78 goals in281(129) games before moving to Chesterfield, since then he has scored 78 goals in 147(14) games (Lester was approaching 32 yo when he joined them). Think we would all be very happy if Warren hit that sort of form for us.(I think were due a 20 goal a season striker)
WELCOME TO PLYMOUTH ARGYLE WARREN :scarf: