Fed up with international breaks. | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Fed up with international breaks.

International breaks

• I like them

Votes: 15 17.0%
  • I don't like them

Votes: 54 61.4%
  • I don't care

Votes: 19 21.6%

• Total voters

Gloucester Green

Cream First
ā™£ļø Shire Greens
Sep 18, 2010
Gloucester
I love an International break as I type this from my seat at Wembley.

We want to play at a good level domestically and attract players of a certain level but then we moan that the league we are in is subject to the imposed break.

Take the chance to go watch and support Non League and grassroots clubs instead of moaning about those who enjoy seeing the best Nations have to offer on the international stage.

Jul 12, 2016
I love an International break as I type this from my seat at Wembley.

We want to play at a good level domestically and attract players of a certain level but then we moan that the league we are in is subject to the imposed break.

Take the chance to go watch and support Non League and grassroots clubs instead of moaning about those who enjoy seeing the best Nations have to offer on the international stage.
Iā€™d rather read paint charts than watch international friendlies.

Reactions: jimsing
May 4, 2012
Sunderland
You can always watch a lower league match or a non-league match for a bit of variety? Sometimes it's quite cathartic to watch a game where your weekend won't be ruined if Argyle lose.

I was at Harrogate vs. Bradford on Saturday. I'd forgotten that Tyriek Wright would be playing. He had one shot that required a good save, picked up a booking and was taken off before the end. Mind you, Bradford were astonishingly bad. Harrogate really should've got more than the 3 goals that they did.

M
Indeed. I went to Bradford (Park Avenue) v Worksop Town on Saturday, a decent game and also saw former Argyle player Hamza Bencherif who is captain at Worksop.

Reactions: Martin Brock
Jan 11, 2016
Iā€™d rather read paint charts than watch international friendlies.
Is 'proper green' an approved shade on these charts? That's the green that used to feature with proper black and proper white in the days when Argyle had club colours. I fear this post so far might be considered off topic so despite my disinterest in international football I still prefer to tolerate an occasional break rather than suffer an uninterrupted series of matches against dreadful opposition in less than lovely grounds in front of invisible crowds sometimes for meaningless silverware.

Mar 23, 2019
Without international breaks you don't get the amazing summer tournaments we all love.

Saying this, because England qualify so easily the non tournament games are very boring.