Fed up with international breaks. | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Fed up with international breaks.

International breaks

• I like them

Votes: 15 17.0%
  • I don't like them

Votes: 54 61.4%
  • I don't care

Votes: 19 21.6%

• Total voters
Oct 14, 2015
I actually think this one may benefit Argyle. After the Preston game we needed to step back and let the players regroup and hopefully move forward as a team to ensure everyone is singing from the same song sheet and similarly I’d imagine Norwich are slightly peeved as they were in a rich vein of form going into the international break. Hopefully this extended break may have affected them as well ?? 🤞🤞

You can always watch a lower league match or a non-league match for a bit of variety? Sometimes it's quite cathartic to watch a game where your weekend won't be ruined if Argyle lose.

I was at Harrogate vs. Bradford on Saturday. I'd forgotten that Tyriek Wright would be playing. He had one shot that required a good save, picked up a booking and was taken off before the end. Mind you, Bradford were astonishingly bad. Harrogate really should've got more than the 3 goals that they did.

M

Reactions: KirkbyGreen
Dec 23, 2010
Plymouth
I don’t mind it when it’s competitive fixtures, qualifying etc. But an international break in March just before the end of the season, to play a couple friendlies (majority of countries, I know there are some Euro play offs going on) is pointless. I completely get some players pulling out, all that hard work this season to be undone by a torn hamstring in a friendly against Brazil B team at a soulless Wembley stadium.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Apr 9, 2011
I don’t mind it when it’s competitive fixtures, qualifying etc. But an international break in March just before the end of the season, to play a couple friendlies (majority of countries, I know there are some Euro play offs going on) is pointless. I completely get some players pulling out, all that hard work this season to be undone by a torn hamstring in a friendly against Brazil B team at a soulless Wembley stadium.
Agree with you completely. What a total waste of time that lot was with England over the week end now we are left with a huge fixture pile up

Reactions: Tavy Tony

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Our revenue figures during such breaks. :(

So we hate them for TWO reasons. ;)

Screenshot 2024-03-25 at 11.25.55.png

Mar 1, 2024
Wigan
The current break isn’t too bad, most likely due to the fact we haven’t had one since November. The run of 3 in 3 months at the start of the season is ridiculous.

Dec 3, 2005
Like some have said, Argyle players looked like they needed a break, the fixtures have been coming thick and fast. Hopefully the new coaches have had time on the training pitch, to gel with the players and hopefully sort out some of the problems we have had lately.
With any luck, we will play like a team again.

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
Ixelles/The City of Plymouth
It's a difficult one isn't it. International teams do need to play reasonably regularly to maintain any kind of rhythm but it does make for a boring couple of weeks for those of us who aren't that jazzed about international football. I guess an argument could be made for continuing to play domestic fixtures during breaks, but that would penalise clubs with smaller squads I suppose.