Fans Forum This Friday | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Fans Forum This Friday

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
As Stew will remember, we sat in the lower seats of the Mayflower at one time, just above where the temporary seats were on the Mayflower Terrace. And when it rained, those on the temp seats scuttled back as fast as they could to seek cover.

Quite sensible if you ask me!

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
We used to stand at the front by the dugouts (known as the smelly end to some of us Janers) and when it hammered down, we ran to the back bit just under the Mayflower seats.

Nobody died that I can remember.

Aug 5, 2005
If it helps, the roof at the Olympic (now London) Stadium didn't cover those at the front. And that was before they added more seats nearer the playing area

Aug 16, 2005
Somerset
Unless it's been said already and I missed it, could someone ask if there are any plans for an 'open day' type of event for fans to be shown around the new grandstand facilities before or soon after it is opened for public use. I know we can all buy a ticket to sit there but relatively few of us will ever get to see or experience the new Boardroom, lounges, conference facilities etc. Could be a good marketing opportunity too.

Graham Green

✨Pasoti Donor✨
May 26, 2010
Swindon
We used to stand at the front by the dugouts (known as the smelly end to some of us Janers) and when it hammered down, we ran to the back bit just under the Mayflower seats.

Me too. Used to amaze me how the occupants of whole Mayflower Terrace could compress itself into the back ten yards. Helped watching the match if you weren't vertically challenged though.

Feb 2, 2005
Cornwall
Didn't hear any complaints from the Mayflower during that Barnsley game.

But that could be because everyone was soaked right through!

Mar 8, 2016
Only thing I’d want to say if I was there is thank you to Simon Hallett. We’ve absolutely landed on our feet with this guy. I know our football team is poo due to the last manager losing his way a little, but off the pitch I’m not sure it’s ever been better since I’ve been a argyle fan.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Meanwhile, back home, a nice surprise at the Fans’ Forum - director Paul Berne takes a packed
@greentaverners
marquee through the club’s finances.

Owner and chairman
@SimonHallett
and chief executive Andrew Parkinson will be taking questions later.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Martin Thomas":104vyl2j said:
Unless it's been said already and I missed it, could someone ask if there are any plans for an 'open day' type of event for fans to be shown around the new grandstand facilities before or soon after it is opened for public use. I know we can all buy a ticket to sit there but relatively few of us will ever get to see or experience the new Boardroom, lounges, conference facilities etc. Could be a good marketing opportunity too.

I believe there will have to be two test events in order to receive a safety certificate so maybe there might be the opportunity to experience the new facilities on these occasions.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Plymouth85Green":125okuxs said:
Anyone going to put the question and answers up on here?

It was all professionally filmed, so there's little point in going through all of it in here.

Paul Byrne did a financial presentation for about 45 minutes, showing the extrapolated finances on the last three seasons rather than the last few years. I can't get excited about anything like that, as it was one of the reasons I retired. :greensmile: Well presented though.

Simon then talked for a while on the direction of the club.

Then it was Q&A.

Well attended (100?) and nobody trying to make a point or labouring an agenda, a load of Argyle fans enjoying finding out stuff.

Graham Clark

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🚑 Steve Hooper
Nov 18, 2018
Perhaps the best attended Fans Forum since they’ve begun in this format.

The Board fulfilled their promise of releasing information on income and expenditure over the last three seasons. The most recent Board appointee, Paul Byrne the FD of Ginsters, set out in great detail and with clarity what money has come in and where it has been spent. In short, it amounted to a level of openness and transparency previously unseen at the Club. The Club will reproduce all the detail on the website in due course for fans to absorb and pour over the detail.

Some highlights
The greatest expenditure within the £6m or so turnover is wages (both the playing budget and staff wages) which represent close to 70% of turnover.

The cost of the Grandstand and the acquisition of HHP (the non-ice rink part) amounts to £8.7m. Only £3.1m of the £4.1m loan from Simon Hallett has been drawn down.

The sell on receipt for Sam Gallagher cannot be disclosed under EFL rules but is not as much as reported

The Club are not involved in the Mayflower 400 as much as expected but this is being addressed. The plans for a Woman’s international with the USA have not progressed

The Chairman's expectation for this season is play off at least ( in line with the End of Season survey which said 75% of Argyle fans have the same expectation). The playing budget matches this expectation.

The evening was recorded and will be on YouTube in due course.

A good night to be an Argyle fan which the Club clearly demonstrating that it is going in the right direction. The level of openness and transparency was unparalleled and welcome.

Dec 3, 2005
Graham Clark":chngzm94 said:

The Board fulfilled their promise of releasing information on income and expenditure over the last three seasons. The most recent Board appointee, Paul Byrne the FD of Ginsters, set out in great detail and with clarity what money has come in and where it has been spent. In short, it amounted to a level of openness and transparency previously unseen at the Club. The Club will reproduce all the detail on the website in due course for fans to absorb and pour over the detail.

Some highlights
The greatest expenditure within the £6m or so turnover is wages (both the playing budget and staff wages) which represent close to 70% of turnover.

The cost of the Grandstand and the acquisition of HHP (the non-ice rink part) amounts to £8.7m. Only £3.1m of the £4.1m loan from Simon Hallett has been drawn down.

The sell on receipt for Sam Gallagher cannot be disclosed under EFL rules but is not as much as reported

The Club are not involved in the Mayflower 400 as much as expected but this is being addressed. The plans for a Woman’s international with the USA have not progressed

The Chairman's expectation for this season is play off at least ( in line with the End of Season survey which said 75% of Argyle fans have the same expectation). The playing budget matches this expectation.

A good night to be an Argyle fan which the Club clearly demonstrating that it is going in the right direction. The level of openness and transparency was unparalleled and welcome.

Thanks for that update - I was looking forward to the proposed 3 way tournament between England, USA & Holland, hopefully something will happen, to bring that to fruition.

Mar 27, 2013
BIDEFORD NORTH DEVON
Great update Graham

Really enjoyable fans forum & well attended

Finance Update was Excellent

3rd Kit Coming Soon

Feeling upbeat for the new season

Grandstand is really progressing now

Exciting Times Ahead & Promotion back to League this season is the goal

Start of a New Era

Graham Clark

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🚑 Steve Hooper
Nov 18, 2018
Graham Clark":1xkvmdld said:

Some highlights

Gate receipts represent around 40% of total income.

The improved hospitality facilities, increased capacity and all round better offer around the stadium is expected to generate an extra £1.5m in income in a full season (roughly 25% of the current turnover)