FA Cup first round. (Sheff Wed away) | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

FA Cup first round. (Sheff Wed away)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
ITV have been starved of non-international football in recent years so will want to show a game that will attract a decent amount of attention so I reckon it has a good chance of it being shown on ITV rather than BBC.

The question is when?

ITV can show four live games and the BBC two live games.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Very mixed opinions on the likelihood of it being televised. Yes, they like a non leaguer at home to bigger fry generally but also I would have thought would want a few to tune in. Wednesday as one of the 3 or 4 biggest "names" in the 1st round against another high riding team would I think be right in contention. A recent 3-0 defeat to put right for Wednesday and a former Wednesday player managing their opponents will give the pundits something to discuss at least. It looks like this fixture is between Saturday league games with no midweeker either side so personally I would field our strongest eleven and go for it.

Jul 28, 2020
We've already hammered them, we'll just have to do it again.
A good chance it will be on TV - BBC or ITV, six games to be shown live.
Hopefully Wednesday come out on the front foot and attack us - with their big crowd backing them. The more they do that the happier we’ll be - with the pace, power and clinical finishers in our side.

I back us to win by the odd goal in a high scoring game.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Sheffield United last season was on the FA website. I thought the coverage was good and I also thought the female pundit was particularly sharp.

Feb 13, 2021
Not the best of draws for the Green Army. Would be content with a draw, but we might have to consider our league position first.

Jul 27, 2011
St Austell
It’s a bit annoying that the league game won’t be the first visit to Hillsborough in 10+ years. I was confident that we’d take 3k-4K.

Jun 4, 2015
Ford
Reading the corresponding thread on Owlstalk, I don’t think I saw a single post that thought they’ll win. Odd as I think they‘re beginning to find their feet in L1 now.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Reading the corresponding thread on Owlstalk, I don’t think I saw a single post that thought they’ll win. Odd as I think they‘re beginning to find their feet in L1 now.
Yes very odd the pessimistic view they all have. They are favourites to progress in my eyes.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Absolutely. It might be a year too soon but if the opportunity is there we have to grab it.

Status
Not open for further replies.