Euros 2028 to be hosted in GB & Ireland | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Euros 2028 to be hosted in GB & Ireland

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
The UK and Ireland's chances of hosting Euro 2028 appear to have improved significantly after UEFA confirmed Turkey and Italy had requested to merge their bids for Euro 2032.

Quinny

Cream First
Jul 15, 2006
Kenton, Devon
Casement Park (Belfast) - 34,500
Dublin Arena - 51,711
Hampden Park (Glasgow) - 52,032
Principality Stadium (Cardiff) - 73,952

Wembley Stadium (London) - 90,652
Tottenham Hotspur Stadium (London) - 62,322
Etihad Stadium (Manchester) - 61,000
Everton's new ground at Bramley Moore Dock (Liverpool) - 52,679
St James' Park (Newcastle) - 52,305
Villa Park (Birmingham) - 52,190

Bit surprising that Old Trafford isn't on the list.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Casement Park (Belfast) - 34,500
Dublin Arena - 51,711
Hampden Park (Glasgow) - 52,032
Principality Stadium (Cardiff) - 73,952

Wembley Stadium (London) - 90,652
Tottenham Hotspur Stadium (London) - 62,322
Etihad Stadium (Manchester) - 61,000
Everton's new ground at Bramley Moore Dock (Liverpool) - 52,679
St James' Park (Newcastle) - 52,305
Villa Park (Birmingham) - 52,190

Bit surprising that Old Trafford isn't on the list.

Sure I’ve seen the reason Old Trafford isn’t on the list because it’s a bit outdated

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
Ixelles/The City of Plymouth
Sure I’ve seen the reason Old Trafford isn’t on the list because it’s a bit outdated

The roof is in a really poor condition and the press facilities aren't up to scratch. It hasn't had any significant work since the new quadrant was installed in about 2005. It's only going to get worse as well - the Glazers aren't inclined to invest the sums of money required to redevelop the stadium, and as a consequence it's being overlooked for big events such as this.

There's a good article here from the Guardian (from 2019, and nothing significant has happened since then).

It's interesting that the GAA have allowed Casement Park to be used for soccer.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2006
Bridgend
Been confirmed that the UK and Ireland will host it, also The FA wants us (England) to go through the qualifying route

https://www.skysports.com/football/...an-championships-as-turkey-and-italy-get-2032
The idea of unnecessarily going through qualifying sounds horrifically arrogant to me, no other country has ever done this, why would we force it on ourselves? Yes I know we will in all likelihood win the group comfortably but why take the risk? I get the argument that they want 'competitive games' but would we learn more by playing teams like San Marino/Moldova twice each or maybe teams like Brazil/Argentina/top European or Asian teams in friendlies?

Nov 18, 2011
Manchester United actually asked to be taken off the list for consideration due to the work that would be needed to bring Old Trafford up to scratch and uncertainty about whether it would be completed in time.

Apparently Anfield wasn't considered due to the pitch being too small.

I'm a little surprised Murrayfield wasn't selected. The Principality Stadium was selected so being primarily a rugby stadium isn't an issue and Edinburgh would have been a great host city.