Ethos and values? | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Ethos and values?

May 16, 2016
Forest of Dean Green":33a57dno said:
As a long term strategy, I get where the club our coming from. They are trying to make the club more integral to more people in the community. If they do this it should also build commitment to the club and a wider fan base. That seems eminently sound.

Problem is, when the first team is so shocking it seems like empty rhetoric. And most of us don’t experience that wider work. We just get the Saturdays. So it’s not top of our list of priorities

But plenty of people do. I’ve a mate who worked for the community trust. Now works for saints and before that he was at WBA. He has nothing but positive things to say about that work, the people in the club that he met and impact of it.

I very much doubt that they want a new manager to lead this stuff, but to engage with it as part of the wider work of the club, absolutely

Exactly.

I've got several young extended family members across the region who reguarly attend their local Argyle Community training sessions. They are always pleased to receive any Argyle Merchandise I pass them. Their first thought when thinking football is Argyle, yet (and this is the impact the Community are making) , none of them have so far, attended a game. The influence a properly run Community Trust is so important, even if so far, its only got a few shirts sold, the awareness is there and the desire to follow the Club has begun.