Enjoying the Football | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Enjoying the Football

twist of lime

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Feb 22, 2008
Herts
Penlee":h9q2cjmn said:
twist of lime":h9q2cjmn said:
As an exile these comments are pleasing to hear

COYG

At times it is breathtaking Twist, such a reversal from September/October.

Get yourself down here (or see you at Oxford?)

Hi Penlee

Will be at Oxford away so will try to meet up for a beer beforehand

COYG

Nov 18, 2011
davie nine":1tv5y6n3 said:
gaspargomez":1tv5y6n3 said:
Similar last year when Kennedy and Taylor came in. Lameris is not the same standard as Kennedy but the formation and tactics are similar.
I believe that, potentially, Lameiras is a higher standard than Kennedy.

Agreed. Lameiras contributes a lot more towards the build up play although Kennedy was good for a screamer or two.

Oct 24, 2010
Lameiras has great energy levels and gets about the pitch and is constantly involved and is very skillful. He has a habit of taking too many touches of the ball and his decision making at times is less than perfect but he is an asset at this level and has had a positive impact since his recall to the team.

tonsk

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 19, 2003
Plymouth
www.dastardlys.co.uk
Ruben is a tricky little player who 'sees' a great pass, unfortunately, the delivery of the pass doesn't always match up. If it did, he sure as hell wouldn't be playing in L1.

tonsk

Mar 23, 2008
Joe Totale":2cnf8fta said:
davie nine":2cnf8fta said:
gaspargomez":2cnf8fta said:
Similar last year when Kennedy and Taylor came in. Lameris is not the same standard as Kennedy but the formation and tactics are similar.

Agreed. Lameiras contributes a lot more towards the build up play although Kennedy was good for a screamer or two.
Also agreed, was disappointed we didn't get Kennedy back as felt Wylde wasn't as good but for me, Lameiras and Kennedy are on a par but would prefer Lameiras as felt Kennedy used to drift out of games too much.

Penlee

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 9, 2011
Stoke in Plymouth
twist of lime":2cxxp0dv said:
Penlee":2cxxp0dv said:
twist of lime":2cxxp0dv said:
As an exile these comments are pleasing to hear

COYG

At times it is breathtaking Twist, such a reversal from September/October.

Get yourself down here (or see you at Oxford?)

Hi Penlee

Will be at Oxford away so will try to meet up for a beer beforehand

COYG

Nice one mate maybe see your bruv there too

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
Deacster":3edc5kyo said:
Joe Totale":3edc5kyo said:
davie nine":3edc5kyo said:
gaspargomez":3edc5kyo said:

Also agreed, was disappointed we didn't get Kennedy back as felt Wylde wasn't as good but for me, Lameiras and Kennedy are on a par but would prefer Lameiras as felt Kennedy used to drift out of games too much.
IMO there’s not really a comparison. Kennedy was a terrific high tempo player – but the sort of player you do see plenty of similar examples of. But Lameiras has something quite different and rare about him. Sure, he has his shortcomings (or he wouldn’t be here) but the way he seems to just glide past players is a delight to watch at times - not beating them with a trick and sudden burst of speed but with a classy body swerve and then an elegant movement away into space with the ball apparently stuck to his foot. He’s not always the most effective and yes, his decision making not always the best – but I’m loving watching him. To have him and GC10 in the same team is such a treat – something to enjoy while we can.

tonsk

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 19, 2003
Plymouth
www.dastardlys.co.uk
I remember a discussion about car bumper stickers and, X Isle I think, came up with 'My other Carey is a Lameiras'

Would love to have one of those!!!

Ian??

tonsk

Sep 6, 2006
Ave_IT":es6n17z1 said:
Deacster":es6n17z1 said:
Joe Totale":es6n17z1 said:
davie nine":es6n17z1 said:
gaspargomez":es6n17z1 said:

IMO there’s not really a comparison. Kennedy was a terrific high tempo player – but the sort of player you do see plenty of similar examples of. But Lameiras has something quite different and rare about him. Sure, he has his shortcomings (or he wouldn’t be here) but the way he seems to just glide past players is a delight to watch at times - not beating them with a trick and sudden burst of speed but with a classy body swerve and then an elegant movement away into space with the ball apparently stuck to his foot. He’s not always the most effective and yes, his decision making not always the best – but I’m loving watching him. To have him and GC10 in the same team is such a treat – something to enjoy while we can.

Not good enough to be in Adams team first 3 months though eh? Work that one out.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Do you know that DA was to blame?
Maybe he realised when he went on trial to Oldham that he needed to up his work rate and prove his stamina.

The consensus of opinion was that he was skilful, faded out of the game for long periods and was ‘a bit lightweight’.

Even now, he gets substituted in the last third of the game but he is certainly working hard and proving his value whilst he is on the pitch.

He is still only 23 years of age.

May 16, 2016
Balham_Green":cik997gg said:
Ave_IT":cik997gg said:
Deacster":cik997gg said:
Joe Totale":cik997gg said:
davie nine":cik997gg said:
gaspargomez":cik997gg said:

Not good enough to be in Adams team first 3 months though eh? Work that one out.

But now he is.

Sep 17, 2017
Tugboat":35voxv2w said:
Wasn’t a fan of Adams early this season or late last and called for his head numerous times.

Recent performances have been well up there and he’s turned it round a complete 180.

I was wrong and any hats available will be duley eaten with a side of humble pie.

A bit early to be putting hats and humble pie on the menu,

Things are on the up be we’re far from safe yet !!!!

My cup is half full though.

COYG