England v Ireland Test Match | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

England v Ireland Test Match

Jul 29, 2006
Bridgend
Moeen returns. Interesting to see how he fares after not playing much cricket recently. Does offer a balance to the bowling attack.

The Ashes: Moeen Ali added to England squad after Jack Leach injury - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/65831002
Great...

Averages 65 with the ball against the Aussies, hasn't played a test for 2 years and often flatters to deceive with the bat, guess its who you know.

Reactions: Justin

Quinny

Cream First
Jul 15, 2006
Kenton, Devon
I'm sure there are some who would feel a little aggrieved at not getting picked - Rehan Ahmed for instance. He's got real talent as a leg-spinner: he nearly bagged a hattrick yesterday (one clean bowled, the second C&B).

Aug 13, 2009
Should fit in to Bazball well with his batting style. Good player to come in at number 7. Not a poor bowler at all.
The others time will come, but at the moment Moen is best suited for the Ashes.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Oct 31, 2010
Only for the first two Tests, so I guess to see how it goes.

Jul 29, 2006
Bridgend
Should fit in to Bazball well with his batting style. Good player to come in at number 7. Not a poor bowler at all.
The others time will come, but at the moment Moen is best suited for the Ashes.
I'd guess he'll come in at 8.

Assuming the batting lineup will be Crawley, Duckett, Pope, Root, Brook, Stokes, Bairstow, Ali + 3 pace bowlers

BDW

Apr 15, 2023
Moeen is a very good cricketer but is subject to brain fade as he himself admits. I saw him a few seasons ago at a Bears vs Pears game. He hit the ball so cleanly he looked like Lara.
Other days heā€™s not at the races. Again on his day he is a very good spin bowler, letā€™s hope ā€œBazballā€ gets the best out of him.

Reactions: Emu
Jul 29, 2006
Bridgend
Australia 327-3 at the end of day 1 against India in the WTC Final. Head 146 not out, Smith 95 not out, they look ominous already.

Nov 18, 2011
I'm sure there are some who would feel a little aggrieved at not getting picked - Rehan Ahmed for instance. He's got real talent as a leg-spinner: he nearly bagged a hattrick yesterday (one clean bowled, the second C&B).
He's 18. I just don't think that an Ashes series against fantastic batsmen on pitches that may not be very helpful is the right time to play Ahmed. I'm hopeful he will come good in the long term.

Of the very limited options we have, I think a recall for Ali is the best one available.

Reactions: Emu