Emiliano Sala (Cardiff) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Emiliano Sala (Cardiff)

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Willis88":33374fzr said:
From what I heard on the radio today (and might be my misinterpretation) Cardiff's position is that all of the paperwork may not had been complete prior to the accident thus their standing being the transfer hadn't been completed so they're not liable for the fee.

Personally I think this is one of these times where the world of football should come together and some body like FIFA/UEFA/FA pay the fees to Nantes.

They certainly shouldn't be squabbling in public just when his family have been told he was found!! :facepalm:

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
Pogleswoody":3hjldp9m said:
Willis88":3hjldp9m said:
From what I heard on the radio today (and might be my misinterpretation) Cardiff's position is that all of the paperwork may not had been complete prior to the accident thus their standing being the transfer hadn't been completed so they're not liable for the fee.

Personally I think this is one of these times where the world of football should come together and some body like FIFA/UEFA/FA pay the fees to Nantes.

They certainly shouldn't be squabbling in public just when his family have been told he was found!! :facepalm:

Well, yes, completely agreed.

There's a lack of sympathy and empathy being shown by both clubs by publicising this.

Jul 29, 2006
Bridgend
Andy_S":3k9hyqwf said:
The body found still in the aircraft has now been named as Sala and removed to Portland where it has been formally identified.

A Coroner's Post Mortem is to take place in the coming days.

Apparently, there is no sign whatsoever of the pilot.

Am I the only one who finds it slightly odd that Sala was left on the plane and not the pilot?

Jun 2, 2010
Plymouth or Pacific
Willis88":qyf9ugvi said:
Pogleswoody":qyf9ugvi said:
Willis88":qyf9ugvi said:

There's a lack of sympathy and empathy being shown by both clubs by publicising this.

The timing of this apparent squabble is unfortunate to say the least.

In my view Cardiff should pay up. In their last game Sala was portrayed on signs, tee shirts, players singlets and by Management as Ónce a Bluebird always a Bluebird". The emotion surrounding his loss motivated the team and supporters and almost certainly contributed to their win. To now turn around now and say he wasn't really one of our players is morally indefensible.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
Have they said that?

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
The-Pilgrim":2okk6ee1 said:
Andy_S":2okk6ee1 said:
The body found still in the aircraft has now been named as Sala and removed to Portland where it has been formally identified.

A Coroner's Post Mortem is to take place in the coming days.

Apparently, there is no sign whatsoever of the pilot.

Am I the only one who finds it slightly odd that Sala was left on the plane and not the pilot?

Once in the sea, the pilot probably knew how to escape from the plane whereas Sala may not have and the pilot then perished outside the aircraft, his body then taken away by currents. Speculation of course but one of many plausible suggestions why there was only one body still on board.

Aug 5, 2016
George Willis":16wjwa6f said:
Willis88":16wjwa6f said:
Pogleswoody":16wjwa6f said:
Willis88":16wjwa6f said:

The timing of this apparent squabble is unfortunate to say the least.

In my view Cardiff should pay up. In their last game Sala was portrayed on signs, tee shirts, players singlets and by Management as Ónce a Bluebird always a Bluebird". The emotion surrounding his loss motivated the team and supporters and almost certainly contributed to their win. To now turn around now and say he wasn't really one of our players is morally indefensible.

It is easy to be critical when it isn't your club's money. We are talking about an earth shattering fee for Cardiff, and the fact is they haven't got their star player and the paperwork clearly wasn't finalised (or it wouldn't be up for discussion). Cardiff could well be in the Championship next season, possibly odds on, and you are suggesting they volunteer for a debt out of the goodness of their hearts that is greater than the sum that nearly put our club out of existence.

It is a tragic incident and one that needs treating with due care and respect to the families, but I can see why both clubs feel the way they do.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
I am still struggling to understand the link between the legalities of the plane/pilot and the player's signature on a contract. If the flight was illegal then the appropriate authorities will take the necessary action. That is quite separate from any agreement between the player and the club - that is a matter for the registrations department in the PL. The more I see, hear and read, the more I feel that Cardiff City are looking for any way they can to avoid paying for a player who, tragically, is no longer available to them. Surely there must be some form of insurance that is automatically taken out at the time of the signing? Overall, I think George Willis summed it up very well in his post three weeks ago.