'Early Bird' Season Ticket Deadline Extended AGAIN | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

'Early Bird' Season Ticket Deadline Extended AGAIN

May 7, 2015
Keepitgreen":1jimpa8n said:
GreenBloodedPilgrim":1jimpa8n said:
rsp4":1jimpa8n said:
I really don't get the complaints about the price rise.

1. When the price was set we were 4 points away from being safe with 6 games to go. DA flipped that right up but the club set the price.

2. It is reported we made a loss last year with our relatively large average gates. That tells me the wages the chimps were on exceeded our income targets.

3. We don't have a sugar daddy so the money we have available has to come from corporate, retail, sponsorship and the gates. The more money through the door the better the signings

4 ST price for price per game is still very good value in my eyes.

Now I know some will come out with dull maths and give it yea but if we sell a thousand more STs at a reduced rate of last seasons prices we will have more money. Unfortunately that won't happen. We have a solid core of ST holders which won't go up tremendously and probably won't drop off that much. Maybe a few 100 who will just turn up on a Saturday anyway and pay higher prices :D .

A lot of fans were having a go at the budget last season. I don't believe the budget was the issue but the man spending it was however we can't have it both ways. More money in will mean higher budget and as fans we need to help the cause.

Have one less pint before the game it will soon make up the difference

Personally I don't think paying around 19 pound per game, which I am, is great value as a ST holder, I think it is about where it should be anyway imo.
The dearest ST at the moment is an adult at £395 which equates to £17.17 a match, which I believe is good value.

That is only if you have the fortune to have the cash up front, as there is no interest free option this year so if you get it on finance it increases further.

Pootle's Pom Pom

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Mar 13, 2009
Trowbridge or Bristol
GreenBloodedPilgrim":5brccq3v said:
Keepitgreen":5brccq3v said:
GreenBloodedPilgrim":5brccq3v said:
rsp4":5brccq3v said:

1. When the price was set we were 4 points away from being safe with 6 games to go. DA flipped that right up but the club set the price.

2. It is reported we made a loss last year with our relatively large average gates. That tells me the wages the chimps were on exceeded our income targets.

3. We don't have a sugar daddy so the money we have available has to come from corporate, retail, sponsorship and the gates. The more money through the door the better the signings

Now I know some will come out with dull maths and give it yea but if we sell a thousand more STs at a reduced rate of last seasons prices we will have more money. Unfortunately that won't happen. We have a solid core of ST holders which won't go up tremendously and probably won't drop off that much. Maybe a few 100 who will just turn up on a Saturday anyway and pay higher prices :D .

A lot of fans were having a go at the budget last season. I don't believe the budget was the issue but the man spending it was however we can't have it both ways. More money in will mean higher budget and as fans we need to help the cause.

Personally I don't think paying around 19 pound per game, which I am, is great value as a ST holder, I think it is about where it should be anyway imo.
The dearest ST at the moment is an adult at £395 which equates to £17.17 a match, which I believe is good value.

That is only if you have the fortune to have the cash up front, as there is no interest free option this year so if you get it on finance it increases further.

The problem is, is that there is no such thing as interest free. If you don't pay the interest, Argyle do - which effectively takes money out of the budget.

I don't know how much extra the finance adds, but imagine it is only a fiver a month at most. As has been said, have a pint or coffee less each game and it will be covered.

Oct 31, 2015
davie nine":avhtsybx said:
This is getting monotonous, rsp. I keep agreeing with you.

Blimey mate we have been on opposite sides for 2 X years :funny:

Maybe the new manager can bring us all together :thumbup:

May 7, 2015
Pootle's Pom Pom":3uwmjpp5 said:
GreenBloodedPilgrim":3uwmjpp5 said:
Keepitgreen":3uwmjpp5 said:
GreenBloodedPilgrim":3uwmjpp5 said:
rsp4":3uwmjpp5 said:

The problem is, is that there is no such thing as interest free. If you don't pay the interest, Argyle do - which effectively takes money out of the budget.

I don't know how much extra the finance adds, but imagine it is only a fiver a month at most. As has been said, have a pint or coffee less each game and it will be covered.

My point is only that the figure being thrown about only relates to one group of fans who can pay up front, and how I feel about the amount that I am paying.

You say that if we weren't paying the interest then argyle would, I would be interested to know how it works. I would have imagined that there would be a flat fee for the facility or within a range, but perhaps that is not the case and it is calculated based on the exact number of tickets?
I am sure that the new facility they have in place will also be costing them as there is still risk involved, and my payments are now spread out over a longer period than they were previously. I would imagine the difference is probably getting soaked up as more profit for the finance company than negating some of argyle's costs for having finance options.

As for the coffee thing that's fine for individuals to negate the increased costs a little, but if you think about it it doesn't make commercial sense to the club. You have less happy fans, and they stop making commercial purchases such as programmes and coffee, food etc, that has a huge profit margin, to counter the difference in ticket costs.
It's counter productive and lose-lose.

Pootle's Pom Pom

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Mar 13, 2009
Trowbridge or Bristol
The finance company are charging £40 interest, which is basically their profit for offering the finance. You buy a £395 season ticket, but pay £435. Argyle receive a cheque from the finance company for £395 - the same as if you had bought it direct from the club.

If the option was interest free, you pay £395 but the finance company would still take their £40, and only pay Argyle £355 for the season ticket. Therefore Argyle are effectively paying the interest. £40 may not sound a lot, but over say 2,000 season tickets that is £80,000, or a players wages for the year.

I believe the catering outlets at Argyle are franchised, so Argyle receive only a fixed rate regardless of actual sales. If they are not then you are right, you're still taking money out of the club, but probably less than the £40 for the finance company.

The finance scheme does add £4 a month, but is still only £19 ticket, still considerably cheaper than buying a ticket on a match by match basis, plus it has the benefits of the season ticket.

The other option is to get a credit card that is offering 0% interest as an opening offer and set up a direct debit to pay back the credit card over 10 months.

stewthenoo

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 24, 2005
YELVERTON
Pootle's Pom Pom":yid5tb0y said:
GreenBloodedPilgrim":yid5tb0y said:
Keepitgreen":yid5tb0y said:
GreenBloodedPilgrim":yid5tb0y said:
rsp4":yid5tb0y said:

So why not plan a season ahead? Instead of having that extra pint, or whatever, set up an "Argyle season ticket building society account" and put in, say £20 a month, or more if you can afford to? Then, when the early bird tickets are offered, you are first in the queue and you've saved yourself a fortune, which might allow you to buy that extra pint next season!!!

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
stewthenoo":1fityr9t said:
So why not plan a season ahead? Instead of having that extra pint, or whatever, set up an "Argyle season ticket building society account" and put in, say £20 a month, or more if you can afford to? Then, when the early bird tickets are offered, you are first in the queue and you've saved yourself a fortune, which might allow you to buy that extra pint next season!!!

What a totally ridiculous idea!

:greensmile:

stewthenoo

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 24, 2005
YELVERTON
IJN":2jotat92 said:
stewthenoo":2jotat92 said:

What a totally ridiculous idea!

:greensmile:

:thumbup: