Drinking in your seat? | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Drinking in your seat?

Aug 22, 2008
Chicago
Why not be allowed to take the beer to your seats, but don't serve beer while the game is in play. That way you can grab a beer and enjoy it watching the warm-ups and taking in the atmosphere without causing the problem of people leaving to go to the bar/toilet and spilling beer on everyone.

I often don't get a beer because its not that enjoyable forcing it down in time for kick-off shoved in a corner at the back of a crowded stand, likewise, it often takes most of half time lining up (I mostly do away games so not sure what HP is like these days) leaving you little time to actually enjoy your drink, so I don't bother.

Sep 20, 2005
Stockholm
crownhillpilgrim":21fhg7ld said:
Cult Of Personality":21fhg7ld said:
If you can't go 45 mins without the need to have a drink you have a problem. Get one at half time and enjoy it then go back and watch the 2nd half. Seriously don't need to having drinking during the game in our seats

Agreed. It is annoying at a packed rugby match, it would be even more annoying at a football game.

The plus side at the rugby is that you get to miss some of the game.

Aug 10, 2006
why not happens in most countries around the world I have been to many European games/ tournaments and world cups and have seen very few problems, you can even have a beer on the terraces at conference north games.

Dec 30, 2004
Brighton
Cult Of Personality":2r7h3axf said:
If you can't go 45 mins without the need to have a drink you have a problem. Get one at half time and enjoy it then go back and watch the 2nd half. Seriously don't need to having drinking during the game in our seats
I've drunk a lot - and I mean A LOT - over the years but I've never felt the need to drink just for the sake of it when there's precious little enjoyment or sociability in it. To me, drinking during a football match falls into that category.

I've also been to Lord's and Wimbers, for instance, and drunk considerable amounts, but they're completely different - and far more enjoyable - drinking experiences.

I've even visited theatres on occasion (ooh, there's posh!) and have been really quite turned off by the crazy rush of hundreds of people wolfing down a couple of outrageously overpriced drinks during the interval, which in all likelhood they're going to have to down in one because they've spent almost the entire interval in a scrum trying to buy that precious round of G&Ts or whatever.

Before and after - great. Fun and sociable in some nearby pub. (Especially after, with my bladder!) During, with a plastic glass and little or no conviviality - not at all bothered.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦
πŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
βœ… Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Part of the problem is Football is almost 45 mins of continuous action, so there is little opportunity to rush out to have a pee and get another beer, without missing the action and maybe the one goal of the game.
Over here the main sports are Football (NFL), baseball. and ice hockey and all those sports have breaks and long tv timeouts, for instance in a NHL game there are long tv commercial breaks, the players just skate around or sit on the bench waiting for play to resume, now if you leave your seat for a pee or a beer break you are not allowed to go back to your seat until the next commercial break, as every game is shown on tv's in the corridor this is not a big problem, even tv's in the washroom.

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
All for people having a drink at their seat as long as it doesn't ruin another person's enjoyment of the game.

Sit (or stand where legal) there and drink then fine.

Get up and down like a yo-yo to refil/go toilet or behave inappropriately (remember kids around) then no drink for you.

The problem is there are enough idiots at HP who will spoil the game for others if they are allowed a drink.

I distinctly remember one chap season before last shouting the C word at everyone who asked him to sit down because he was smashed. His wife and kids were appalled.