Dressing rooms/tunnel (merged by Mods) | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Dressing rooms/tunnel (merged by Mods)

Dec 29, 2011
Yes as has been mentioned previously DA has got away lightly .It takes a lot for Argyle supporters to show real frustration and that second half fully merited some reaction .Going in at half time the fans were really behind the team but that was such a flat showing second half.There will always be knee jerkers who will moan whatever, but there are plenty of fair minded fans who are reacting now.
If that had been somewhere like Millwall I think the manager would still be on the pitch .
DA's overall record still holds up but apart from that amazing spell last year ,overall he hasn't got to grips with league one and players needed week in week out .Don't use excuses now about players being injured,these players didn't make any difference in the first few weeks when fit .

Jan 8, 2006
Bristol
Yes there was venom on Saturday. I will happily include myself in that.

I had just endured the most lack lustre, couldn't care less, second half I've seen in a long while. People were angry and quite right to let the management and players know what they thought. They might not be the best players in the world but the least fans want to see is effort.

And it is only going to get much worse if this win less streak continues.

I will give Adams credit though in that he stayed to ensure he was the last person on the pitch.

Mar 8, 2016
Stuart House":5vgk6b70 said:
Yes there was venom on Saturday. I will happily include myself in that.

I had just endured the most lack lustre, couldn't care less, second half I've seen in a long while. People were angry and quite right to let the management and players know what they thought. They might not be the best players in the world but the least fans want to see is effort.

And it is only going to get much worse if this win less streak continues.

I will give Adams credit though in that he stayed to ensure he was the last person on the pitch.

I didn’t go Saturday but it’s worrying that you mention lack of effort. We’ve lacked quality under Adams but I’ve rarley seen lack of effort. If we lose both Tuesday and Saturday then it’s going to be grim for the players and management staff. They will have to run back to the changing rooms at best speed with their fingers in their ears. Adams will be very disappointed.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
i disagree with stuart house regarding lack of effort.they tried their hardest in my view except for freddie late on where he just seemed to stop jumping for the ball against the centre back who totally marked him out of the game for which i will forgive freddie as up until now he has done well for us.the players made mistakes but tried their best to the very bitter end as careys great goal demonstrates.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Steve Evans":1ekz4rbz said:
i disagree with stuart house regarding lack of effort.they tried their hardest in my view except for freddie late on where he just seemed to stop jumping for the ball against the centre back who totally marked him out of the game for which i will forgive freddie as up until now he has done well for us.the players made mistakes but tried their best to the very bitter end as careys great goal demonstrates.

I would say Carey tried his best at the very end but for 90% of the game he was slipshod.
Someone at the club needs to get into his head cos something has gone 'off' with his attitude and application. Maybe he truly believes he is doing his best but I see room for improvement!

I think Wylde was a case in point, playing fullback, gave it a right go, just happy to be in the team. That deserves recognition! :clap:

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Pogleswoody":2j1zzr2j said:
Steve Evans":2j1zzr2j said:

I would say Carey tried his best at the very end but for 90% of the game he was slipshod.
Someone at the club needs to get into his head cos something has gone 'off' with his attitude and application. Maybe he truly believes he is doing his best but I see room for improvement!

I think Wylde was a case in point, playing fullback, gave it a right go, just happy to be in the team. That deserves recognition! :clap:

Maybe some senior players have begun to question the system they are playing to

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Pogleswoody":3fbwtli4 said:
Steve Evans":3fbwtli4 said:

i disagree that graham was only trying for 10% of the match.wylde tried his hardest as he is a genuine trier but i don't think he is league standard.

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Steve Evans":2b2k7lpi said:
Pogleswoody":2b2k7lpi said:
Steve Evans":2b2k7lpi said:

i disagree that graham was only trying for 10% of the match.wylde tried his hardest as he is a genuine trier but i don't think he is league standard.

And please tell us, which manager was it that brought Wylde to the club a second time based on the evidence of his first stint with us?

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
up_the_line":kumhi2hn said:
Steve Evans":kumhi2hn said:
Pogleswoody":kumhi2hn said:
Steve Evans":kumhi2hn said:

And please tell us, which manager was it that brought Wylde to the club a second time based on the evidence of his first stint with us?
derek adams.a signing which still baffles me.

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Steve Evans":3cwjdg39 said:
up_the_line":3cwjdg39 said:
Pogleswoody":3cwjdg39 said:

derek adams.a signing which still baffles me.

Like a fair few of his signings.
I mean in and of their own right the centre backs he brought to the club over the summer might fit well into a side with a more mobile centre back beside them. But when they're all one paced 'blockers' it defies logic.
Sorry to drift off topic

Jul 13, 2006
Carey's been done by the dross that has been signed. If he had one or two more on his level we might see the old Graham Carey.