Darren Moore signs for Port Vale | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Darren Moore signs for Port Vale

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Why the need for that longer contract?

It’s mind blowing.

Unless it’s a FFP ploy to mitigate his wages

May 16, 2016
Why the need for that longer contract?

It’s mind blowing.

Unless it’s a FFP ploy to mitigate his wages
Must be as he seems to be one of the most regularly sacked and re-employed Managers going.

There's probably a bookie already offering odds on when he gets the boot.

Jannerz

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 30, 2022
I'm disappointed with Vale, have a soft spot for them now and want them to do well. It appeared they were trying to learn from our model, but surely this is yet another case of a bad recruitment process?

I can't see how Moore fits their playing model. They've also been mugged for a crazy long contract. Doesn't make any sense to me, sorry Vale.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
His first game postponed tonight

Jan 6, 2004
seems once you get on the managerial roundabout you will just keep getting hired regardless of track record - it is odd.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
seems once you get on the managerial roundabout you will just keep getting hired regardless of track record - it is odd.
Past record where he did alright at West Brom and got Sheffield Wednesday promoted? Huddersfield didn't go too well, but other than that he has a good record.

Nov 18, 2011
Mentioned this before but he seems like a very decent man but I've never been convinced by him as a football manager.

The long deal seems strange to me, the Port Vale owner has always come across very well, maybe she felt it was the right thing to do?

Dec 23, 2010
Plymouth
Mentioned this before but he seems like a very decent man but I've never been convinced by him as a football manager.

The long deal seems strange to me, the Port Vale owner has always come across very well, maybe she felt it was the right thing to do?
Think it was probably the glamour of a “ name” everyone likes in the football world. Unfortunately that doesn’t guarantee results.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Yet when a very shrewd owner breaks the mould and appoints a man with no previous experience of being a Head Coach/Manager at a Football League club, each time they are defeated the appointment is questioned.

Jan 6, 2004
Yet when a very shrewd owner breaks the mould and appoints a man with no previous experience of being a Head Coach/Manager at a Football League club, each time they are defeated the appointment is questioned.
Yes not every football fan has the same view - there is virtually no decision that won’t be criticised in some quarters

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
In the case of ours of which I assume you refer, i think plenty of people have given him the opportunity to show us why he is elite yet shows less tactical awareness than rigid lowe.
As for Moore, he was pleasant enough when I met him before a Wednesday match last season which is probably more than can be said of our current limited coach.
Everyone wants to like him, everyone wants him to succeed but I feel we will get neither where as Moore will always be approachable and try to change things.