Coventry City | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Coventry City

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Coventry are in talks with Walsall over potentially ground-sharing as fears increase over whether they’ll be able to carry on playing at the Coventry Building Society Arena.

Not sure how it will work out for season ticket holders of Coventry, apparently they’ve got 13,000 and Walsalls stadium holds 11,000

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
There seems to be an amazing amount of tolerance shown to Coventry on this one.

They've now had home matches at Highfield Road, Ricoh, Sixfields, St Andrews, Pirelli Stadium and now Banks Stadium.

Is this a record.

Reactions: Fergy and Tugboat

Voice of Reason

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
At one stage they were chatting with Nuneaton Borough.
It's a huge mess, a game of bluff that seriously backfired a few years back.
I'm sure I saw Argyle play Charlton at Selhurst, Upton Pk and the Valley. I'm sure there was also a game at Loftus Rd that didn't feature QPR, but can't remember clearly who we played.

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
Ixelles/The City of Plymouth

They've now had home matches at Highfield Road, Ricoh, Sixfields, St Andrews, Pirelli Stadium and now Banks Stadium.

Is this a record.

I think they've been screwed over by Wasps egg-chasing society. I had a look on the Cov forum when Wasps went into administration and there weren't many tears being shed.

Such a shame they left Highfield Road, that was a great little stadium. I think the Ricoh (or whatever it's called now) is probably the worst newbuild in England. Fond memories of Noone's late winner on my only trip there though.

NLG

✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
Now have a transfer embargo until HMRC paid ! They are a basket case.

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
Coventry have well & truly been sent to Coventry- sad, sad times for the Sky Blues :unsure:

Jul 27, 2011
St Austell
The capacity won’t be an issue. I think they only averaged about 6,000-7,000 when they were playing at St Andrew’s but I could be wrong.

Aug 29, 2008
I think they've been screwed over by Wasps egg-chasing society. I had a look on the Cov forum when Wasps went into administration and there weren't many tears being shed.

Such a shame they left Highfield Road, that was a great little stadium. I think the Ricoh (or whatever it's called now) is probably the worst newbuild in England. Fond memories of Noone's late winner on my only trip there though.
The Noone goal: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2r2gkoH_AQA

Lucky for him the highlights don’t capture the open goal he missed soon after.

Cherno Samba also got debut goal there a couple of years. I remember feeling like it was going to be the start of something special for him…. Wrong again.

Trigger scored an outstanding goal at Highfield Road the last time we played there too I think. Can’t find a video 9of it though.

Voice of Reason

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
Lucky enough to see both the Noone and Samba winning goals, its a great stadium for concerts, not so sure about football.
I'm not sure (if you go back through the full history) that Wasps can be blamed.
The story i was told (by a life long Cov fan) is that the previous owners wanted a certain amount for rent, the football club refused to pay it, based on the assumption that without the football club the Ricoh (as it was) wouldn't survive, clearly it did, it found a Rugby Club willing to pay that amount, and arranged numerous large concerts.
Things have got muddier over time, percentages of stadium ownership were sold, but the football club has had every opportunity, to buy or part buy the ground and has refused/declined at almost every opportunity.

Jul 29, 2006
Bridgend

Is this a record.
They also got away with having their first 3 home games of the season cancelled after the pitch was damaged in the commonwealth games rugby tournament. I'd imagine a lot of teams would have been punished for that level of cancellations.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Trigger scored an outstanding goal at Highfield Road the last time we played there too I think. Can’t find a video 9of it though.

Came in to mention that one, I was there! Fantastic ground and city centre location, this move has clearly been a disaster.

The Pasty Kid

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 16, 2006
Liskeard

Dreamgreen

✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 28, 2004
Salisbury, Wiltshire
I got a parking ticket when I went to the Ricoh to see us in the JPT on a dark Tuesday night. I reversed into a parking bay. On return to my car, I had a ticket on the windscreen. When I looked around for any sort of warning sign, I found it right behind my car :rolleyes: !
I quite liked the Ricoh stadium, although I preferred Highfield Road.