Could Argyle v Exeter be live on Sky? Confirmed Mon 23 | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Could Argyle v Exeter be live on Sky? Confirmed Mon 23

Are you happy with a Monday night game?

• Yes

Votes: 27 34.6%
  • No

Votes: 28 35.9%
  • I don't mind

Votes: 23 29.5%

• Total voters

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Oct 31, 2010
Apparently the Grecian travel club is arranging a coach (coaches) for Monday evening.
It's looking like a 8pm kick-off Monday 23 March.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Oh ideal! :furious: Flying out on holiday at 0940 that morning. :facepalm:

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Oct 31, 2010
Maybe the delay in an announcement is Argyle fighting back on a Monday evening game?

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
PL2 3DQ":29o5hvan said:
Maybe the delay in an announcement is Argyle fighting back on a Monday evening game?

I guess if itā€™s not to be the early Saturday game it has to be the Monday night game as all the Exeter fans will be in church on Sunday.

Aug 12, 2018
No way will the police sanction a night time kick off after what happened in the JPT 2010. All the half wits come out to play under cover of darkness. More chance of Speedo Mick presenting the Premiership title to LFC. :crazy:

Devizes Green

Auction Winner šŸ‘Øā€āš–ļø
Feb 8, 2016
if Argyle don't want to change the K.O. who decides when the match is played if Sky want it changed ?

Devizes Green":3kan4h5k said:
if Argyle don't want to change the K.O. who decides when the match is played if Sky want it changed ?

Clubs don't have much choice but police could get involved I guess...

But I'm sure sky will slap them down with the fact they show massive derby games in the evening all the time. What's so dangerous about this game in the evening?

L G

ā™£ļø PACSA Member
āœ… Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
GTTB Resurgam":2ygnbufe said:
Devizes Green":2ygnbufe said:

But I'm sure sky will slap them down with the fact they show massive derby games in the evening all the time. What's so dangerous about this game in the evening?
It's dark in the park.
Spoons start serving at 9am.

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
GTTB Resurgam":30tmaafr said:
Devizes Green":30tmaafr said:

Generally the number of idiots who are drawn to these games who think it's "cool"/"hard" to stand behind a Police partition and wave their arms around.

These idiots probably wouldn't work that day and instead spend the day in the pub fueling up for their moment of stupidity.

At least on a Saturday there's clear daylight for the police and fans to avoid those idiots, at night it's a bit harder.

Aug 21, 2008
Plymouth
Jersey Green":2moixfig said:
I have flights booked for the family to come over and watch. Surely they can't move to a Monday at this late stage. We will be gutted.

From the EFL website:

"The minimum five week commitment remains in place for the majority of the season but the rolling basis period for matches taking place from 7 March onwards is to be shortened to four weeksā€™ public notice.

Selections for 21st March by 21st February."

Mar 8, 2016
Doesnā€™t matter when itā€™s played, idiots will be idiots. To be honest I Donā€™t see why people get so worked up by it, just walk past, get in your car and go home, simple. Thatā€™s what I do. Let the morons be morons, it has no bearing on my life. Most of them are all mouth anyway. Whatever day itā€™s on letā€™s fill home park and get right behind the team because they will need it, itā€™s going to be a very tough match.

Lundan Cabbie

āšŖļø Pasoti Visitor āšŖļø
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Sky's dilemma for that weekend is that the four PL games they have scheduled (Fri night, Sat evening and two on Sunday) could yet all be postponed due to FA Cup commitments as it will be Quarter-Finals weekend.

EFL football could be Sky's only English matches that weekend and I am sure they will want to schedule their programming to the best of their advantage.

Willis88":1mgwdtlu said:
GTTB Resurgam":1mgwdtlu said:
Devizes Green":1mgwdtlu said:

Generally the number of idiots who are drawn to these games who think it's "cool"/"hard" to stand behind a Police partition and wave their arms around.

These idiots probably wouldn't work that day and instead spend the day in the pub fueling up for their moment of stupidity.

At least on a Saturday there's clear daylight for the police and fans to avoid those idiots, at night it's a bit harder.

I was talking from Sky's perspective. They show derbies between bigger clubs than Argyle/Exeter in the evenings throughout the season.

If devon and cornwall police request no evening kick off then they will just think WTF it's only a 'Devon Expressway' derby not Lazio v Roma.

Jan 6, 2004
Club could well be worse off because of this - Ā£30k from sky but can see it being a couple of thousand short of capacity on a Monday night when it is on the telly meaning more than that on lost ticket sales