Come and Join Us! | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Come and Join Us!

Jul 29, 2010
I'm living in Plymstock and I can't be arsed to go. Seems my family will be seeing a lot more of me over the Christmas period too!

Nov 12, 2012
Boycotting one game wont collapse a club, it just sends a strong messgae of dissapproval you ostrict.

Jul 29, 2010
Boycotts are organised though Chris, this is a spontaneous haemorrhage caused by neglect.

Jul 29, 2010
Thanks, I'll call you, maybe I can offer you a lift on my unicorn.

I don't need Argyle to be riding high to come back, that's not the point. I just need to feel there's a plan down there, some ability in the dug-out, some capacity to entertain, to produce pride, passion and belief, something other than flatline on the heart monitor.

Mark Colling

♣️ PASTA Member
Sep 23, 2003
Brizzle
www.groupspaces.com
X Isle":2u4ugo2j said:
I don't need Argyle to be riding high to come back, that's not the point. I just need to feel there's a plan down there, some ability in the dug-out, some capacity to entertain, to produce pride, passion and belief, something other than flatline on the heart monitor.
Indeed; there was great support last season to keep us in the league because there was some kind of faith that those things were there. I can't see the same happening again this year.

I'm visiting my in-laws in early January, about 10 miles from Burslem; as it stands I am more likely to be driving up to watch Sunderland at Bolton in the Cup...

Jul 29, 2010
Mark, I'm glad someone gets my point, it's far from a fairweather flounce. I've done Marlow and Dorking, i've done 7-0 at Brentford, and last season (once the twin henchmen of Satan were seen off) I was happy as Larry'o to watch us being stuffed every game because I knew there was a 'cause', a potential bright future and a collective passion to drag our sorry ass over the line to safety.

It's absolutely NOT about being a glory boy. If there was a soul and a spirit at Argyle, any demonstrable pride passion or belief then i'd be like a dog with two c*cks at any level (I was happy enough to start again from scratch if AFC Heaney/Ridsdale was the alternative). As it is our RESURGAM into a 'brave new world' has been turned into a backfiring rustbucket by rank incompetence at producing an even remotely effective football team.

Burslem? don't bother. At Home Park Micky Adams blew out Fletch's candle with just a casual lift of his butt cheek and a faint waft of the hand, they murdered us once he realised passing sideways was all we had. The only point going would be to see that a good football team CAN be produced from a limited budget if you have quality and experience in charge.

Mark Colling

♣️ PASTA Member
Sep 23, 2003
Brizzle
www.groupspaces.com
After the "pleasure" of Fleetwood, the only thing that will keep me local for an afternoon trip to Burslem will be a decent golf course to fill the morning. I'll be there on New Year's Day because it's walking disctance (just) but twice in a week? I'm not sure I can take it.

Dec 2, 2010
pilgrim_pete":1l89r0ua said:
Great.

See you all back when we are top of League 2 again.

There really are some people who should read and digest what some of us are saying.

I know it's nearly Christmas but Argyle are being run like a school nativity (or should that be naievety) play.

As others have said we want to see some faith and hope. Not blind backing of Carl Fletcher.

For me, I can live with Fletch staying.........if the DoF is a proper DoF job. Not one where Fletch decides what it will do. Sexstone's comments and those of Fletch are not reconcilable. People are not being honest, or it is another disaster waiting to happen.

Just one signal that someone has the balls to face up to Fletcher would do it for me. But no one is showing any. I hope we thrash York, but does anyone even think that's a possibility......let alone a win!

Argyle have my money for 2 season tickets, but they will not have my physcal support at HP for now because, frankly, I can't take anymore of this crap! Under performance is being made a virtue in the name of total faith in an incompetent whose influence at the club is out of all proportion.

I challenge anyone to give me a sound reason why CF should not report to the DoF?