Come and Join Us! | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Come and Join Us!

Dec 2, 2010
I wasn't at the game tonight but Fletcher's strange decisions around tactics and substitutions are the last straw.

Me and my son were due to travel to HP on Saturday. As season ticket holders we regularly do a round trip of 500 miles to see the Greens.

This may have been a Mickey Mouse cup but it sums up everything that's wrong with the current regime. Add to it the farce with the DoF, Purse and Macca and Madjo (where was he?) and I have had enough.

I am not setting foot in HP again until the Board get a grip of this mess and show some intent to sort it out. At the very least I want to see a proper DoF appointed, Fletcher told how the club is going to be run (not the other way around) and the communications shambles sorted.

I ask all sane, like minded, fans to do likewise. This is the only way to make Brent and co take any notice.

Dec 2, 2010
We're meant to stomach Fletcher interviewing candidates over the next 10 days for the DoF!

What a joke!

He should be spending every bloody hour on the training pitch trying to prove himself.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Pilgrim61":3lujhayl said:
I wasn't at the game tonight but Fletcher's strange decisions around tactics and substitutions are the last straw.

Me and my son were due to travel to HP on Saturday. As season ticket holders we regularly do a round trip of 500 miles to see the Greens.

This may have been a Mickey Mouse cup but it sums up everything that's wrong with the current regime. Add to it the farce with the DoF, Purse and Macca and Madjo (where was he?) and I have had enough.

I am not setting foot in HP again until the Board get a grip of this mess and show some intent to sort it out. At the very least I want to see a proper DoF appointed, Fletcher told how the club is going to be run (not the other way around) and the communications shambles sorted.

I ask all sane, like minded, fans to do likewise. This is the only way to make Brent and co take any notice.
i don't blame you mate.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Pilgrim61":28ipi91z said:
We're meant to stomach Fletcher interviewing candidates over the next 10 days for the DoF!

What a joke!

He should be spending every bloody hour on the training pitch trying to prove himself.
i agree 100%.don't mention training for goodness sake you'll get the few fletcherites that are left asking you if you could do any better or, how do you know what their training regime is like?

R

RedGreen

Steve Evans":8h9abk9q said:
Pilgrim61":8h9abk9q said:

What a joke!

i agree 100%.don't mention training for goodness sake you'll get the few fletcherites that are left asking you if you could do any better or, how do you know what their training regime is like?

It's enough to drive you up the wall! :coat:

Fletch talks about bad luck, as the saying goes, the more i train the luckier i get, try it fletch!

Aug 12, 2010
South Wales
Its your perrogative not to attend but asking Argyle fans to start boycotting is not going to help the situation. Argo's finances are perilous and we may well go bust in the next couple of seasons.
Only people coming to games can avert this, yes I know we need to start winning but any monkey can support Argyle when they are winning. We dont need boycotts.
I think Brent and Sextone are probably more aware of the gravity of the situation than you, its not like they havent noticed we are up the creek, as Damon Lezner has posted today Brent probably has chucked a lot of personal cash at this to the tune of several hundred thousand.
If we changed the management and carried on loosing you would likely stay away anyway.
I expect you used to sing we'll support you ever more, didnt mean it though did you.

Dec 2, 2010
ghost of hughie reed":v9tqcje7 said:
Its your perrogative not to attend but asking Argyle fans to start boycotting is not going to help the situation. Argo's finances are perilous and we may well go bust in the next couple of seasons.
Only people coming to games can avert this, yes I know we need to start winning but any monkey can support Argyle when they are winning. We dont need boycotts.
I think Brent and Sextone are probably more aware of the gravity of the situation than you, its not like they havent noticed we are up the creek, as Damon Lezner has posted today Brent probably has chucked a lot of personal cash at this to the tune of several hundred thousand.
If we changed the management and carried on loosing you would likely stay away anyway.
I expect you used to sing we'll support you ever more, didnt mean it though did you.

You're right ghost, it's my prerogative.

Do you have a season ticket? Do you travel 500 miles to a home game? Do you spend about £200 in doing so every time.

I thought not.

If you read the post instead of the normal 'we'll support you ever more' moronic response, you would see that I said I'm not going again until the Board do something positive to rescue this car crash. Comprendez?

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Pilgrim61":f55phf12 said:
ghost of hughie reed":f55phf12 said:

Do you have a season ticket? Do you travel 500 moles to a home game? Do you spend about £200 in doing so every time.

I thought not.

If you read the post instead of the normal 'we'll support you ever more' moronic response, you would see that I said I'm not going again until the Board do something positive to rescue this car crash. Comprendez?

Actually, you did raise a call for other fans to join you in staying away. The reply you received basically said that the club cannot survive a boycott which is true.

Dec 2, 2010
Ade the green":3k3syzde said:
Pilgrim61":3k3syzde said:
ghost of hughie reed":3k3syzde said:

Do you have a season ticket? Do you travel 500 moles to a home game? Do you spend about £200 in doing so every time.

I thought not.

Actually, you did raise a call for other fans to join you in staying away. The reply you received basically said that the club cannot survive a boycott which is true.

That's true Ade, but I don't need some armchair fan questioning my loyalty and allegiance. You may think that's perverse, but this Board need to see direct action to get their bloody act together.

Jul 29, 2010
Pilgrim61":wiyizxi5 said:
Ade the green":wiyizxi5 said:
Pilgrim61":wiyizxi5 said:
ghost of hughie reed":wiyizxi5 said:

I thought not.

That's true Ade, but I don't need some armchair fan questioning my loyalty and allegiance. You may think that's perverse, but this Board need to see direct action to get their bloody act together.
As they say.... "I'm in" or out as the case may be....

Dec 2, 2010
Apologies Ghost. I did not mean to be personal. But please do not think this is something I do lightly.

Turning up at HP this season has made no different to the views of those in control...so I have to see if staying away does.

When Mr Brent sees fewer than 5000 people thee on Saturday and York turn us over maybe he will start to question the shambles he is in charge of and which he is compounding with the ludicrous DoF appointment that Fletcher has already dictated the duties for.

Nov 26, 2010
Swindon
Pilgrim61":2gh09i71 said:
Apologies Ghost. I did not mean to be personal. But please do not think this is something I do lightly.

Turning up at HP this season has made no different to the views of those in control...so I have to see if staying away does.

When Mr Brent sees fewer than 5000 people thee on Saturday and York turn us over maybe he will start to question the shambles he is in charge of and which he is compounding with the ludicrous DoF appointment that Fletcher has already dictated the duties for.

Just maybe he will question the shambles, but what if he opts out? I don't get the DOF either with the decision to getb rid of Purse. What kind of message does that send out to any new recruits?

Jul 29, 2010
Admittedly I can't make every game but I always take in a home game over the Christmas and New Year period. Not this year though.

I KNOW the performance already :thumbdown:
I KNOW the result already :thumbdown:
I can even quote the manager's post match comments :furious:
I also KNOW, full well, that nomatter how many defeats, how poor the result/performance, how inept the tactics and substitutions, how lame the post match excuses.........the same manager will be in charge next game :shock: >> :oops: >> :furious:

So, yes, i'm now officially f*cked if i'm going to get up early drive a 450 mile round trip and spend well over a ton of my families hard earned money to have deja vu slap me in the face YET AGAIN. Why should I pretend I have any remaining hope to invest in Argyle when the board of Plymouth Argyle sit on their hands and are seemingly watching something else, giving it the supportive thumbs up?

I cancelled the programme subscription a couple of years back because the programme was sh*t, I didn't buy a shirt this season because it was sh*t. This is already for me the least financially 'invested in' Argyle season since I started working in 1990. But I keep going?, why?, if i'm consistent then I owe it to my principles not to subject my family and I to watching a sh*t football team either.

James, sorry but you've lost me fella. I can't understand your blind faith in this clown, it's gone beyond naivity now. My gratitude remains and more power to your elbow re development and the attempt at stability..........but you can't achieve stability while you're kicking the chair legs away from underneath you ;)

But as for the rest of the board, the marketing dude, the business dude, Colin Sextone and PJ, PJ especially...........

WTF are you doing not violently opposing the continued retention of a clearly failing major component in the Argyle tower of cards?. Argyle will implode if the team fails, it's not a peripheral activity it's the foundation of everything. No property or commercial opportunities will spin from it, no income will come through the gates, you people MUST know this. You could comfortably run Argyle on the thinnest of shoestrings with the right manager, a small, tight, committed and motivated squad and a winning, attacking tactic (look no further than Argyle 2001, in fact look no further than bleddy Dorchester!). So why tolerate so gladly this big, baggy, relatively expensive bunch of individuals, who've seemingly never been introduced, and tactics so lame they are only set up to defend goal difference in defeats?, why are you suffering fools gladly?

I had started this post with the intention of posting a simple :iagree: but actually such a stance, taken not on a whim or a flounce, deserves full explanation. A parting shot deserves to hit the target as hard as it can.

Weeeeeeee're SH*T aaaaarrrgggggggghhhhhhhhh...........ooooohhhhh aaaaaggggghhhhhh

........and for that reason, until some sanity is restored to Home Park, i'm out :wave: