Chisholm Demolition Starting | Page 14 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Chisholm Demolition Starting

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
IJN":3rq2kvrz said:
DF40VAI.jpg

I must say I have no recollection of or idea what the bit on the side of the grandstand is. Having never stood or sat anywhere near where I could see it possibly. I have only ever been in the grandstand once - for a schoolboy international over half a century ago.

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
Argylegames":1xvnd3vr said:
IJN":1xvnd3vr said:

I must say I have no recollection of or idea what the bit on the side of the grandstand is. Having never stood or sat anywhere near where I could see it possibly. I have only ever been in the grandstand once - for a schoolboy international over half a century ago.

It was a kiosk while the terrace was open. I think it closed when the terrace (and seating) was removed.

Apr 30, 2017
Willis88":39h6c1zu said:
Argylegames":39h6c1zu said:
IJN":39h6c1zu said:

It was a kiosk while the terrace was open. I think it closed when the terrace (and seating) was removed.
Despite my old use of the kiosk, I feel (hope) it gets knocked through, despite the memories I had there.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Neil Douglas always used to stand in the gap between that kiosk and the Mayflower seats.

Good teas and coffees were made there for many a year.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Don't forget that good tea and coffee was also sold at the Devonport End of the grandstand too out of a window on the left hand side of the tunnel that led through to old Standing Enclosure. I seem to recollect card board boxes full of pasties awaiting sales.

May 22, 2006
Quintrell_Green":2lf50de6 said:
Don't forget that good tea and coffee was also sold at the Devonport End of the grandstand too out of a window on the left hand side of the tunnel that led through to old Standing Enclosure. I seem to recollect card board boxes full of pasties awaiting sales.

Oh goodness, yes. Right opposite the laundry room. The smell of fresh pasties and detergent is uniquely Argyle.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Another orange blanket goes down, more dirt removed.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Bernard trying to put a second orange blanket down on his own but wind keeps blowing it aside.

Update he did it, now more base being put down to cover it.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Another day is done, Bernard shuts down digger, locks her up, inspects the buckets and off he goes for his tea. :clap: :clap:

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Is there going to be a new entrance to the area behind the Chisolm area, as they seem to have dumped a whole pile of dirt in front of the previous entrance.

B

batesy65

Ottawa Green":xdd1hw2n said:
Is there going to be a new entrance to the area behind the Chisolm area, as they seem to have dumped a whole pile of dirt in front of the previous entrance.
All finished for the day.perhaps more will be revealed thursday.