Chant suggestions for Soccer AM | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Chant suggestions for Soccer AM

Aug 30, 2006
Sheffield
Looking forward to seeing us well-represented on Soccer AM tomorrow. On the locked thread, Leigh seems a bit concerned that those picked might have volunteered to make fools out of themselves. Well, it occurred to me they should not make fools out of the rest of us by not having a proper chant prepared for their introduction and after the ad breaks.
I suggest "In Plymouth's fair city,,," as it is an appropriate length and seems to have become unique to us. After the ad breaks perhaps a rousing "Pasties & Cider" would emphasise our westcountry heritage. Although it is now a bit dated, "Say no to the pasty tax" would add a bit of humour.
After that they can go out and defend our title in the car park game. No pressure there then!

Aug 28, 2012
bringonthemilkman":3poxihlc said:
Looking forward to seeing us well-represented on Soccer AM tomorrow. On the locked thread, Leigh seems a bit concerned that those picked might have volunteered to make fools out of themselves. Well, it occurred to me they should not make fools out of the rest of us by not having a proper chant prepared for their introduction and after the ad breaks.
I suggest "In Plymouth's fair city,,," as it is an appropriate length and seems to have become unique to us. After the ad breaks perhaps a rousing "Pasties & Cider" would emphasise our westcountry heritage. Although it is now a bit dated, "Say no to the pasty tax" would add a bit of humour.
After that they can go out and defend our title in the car park game. No pressure there then!

Bang on Milky :scarf:

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
John_Lloyd":2ypt1lzv said:
I kind of gave up on Soccer AM this season, after many years of watching/recording it.

It had lost some of the edginess and humour of the old days and the reduction to two hours means a lot less time for some of the regular features.

Not having seen it this season, I may be wrong - but last season, the time given for the Fans of the Week to interact with Max and Helen was restricted to a general greeting at the top of the show, a bit of a shirt swap bit when the Soccerette was introduced and then the "kick the ball through a hole in the car park" game at the end.

Back when it was a three hour show, Helen would have a chat with the fans and ask for score predictions - but that seems to have fallen by the wayside.

So, the opening chant will probably be the highlight of the morning.
It's not even half the show it was.

I know Tim Lovejoy is far from the most popular person in the world but he made that show tick.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
GreenSam":d19xtq9u said:
John_Lloyd":d19xtq9u said:
I kind of gave up on Soccer AM this season, after many years of watching/recording it.

It had lost some of the edginess and humour of the old days and the reduction to two hours means a lot less time for some of the regular features.

Not having seen it this season, I may be wrong - but last season, the time given for the Fans of the Week to interact with Max and Helen was restricted to a general greeting at the top of the show, a bit of a shirt swap bit when the Soccerette was introduced and then the "kick the ball through a hole in the car park" game at the end.

Back when it was a three hour show, Helen would have a chat with the fans and ask for score predictions - but that seems to have fallen by the wayside.

I know Tim Lovejoy is far from the most popular person in the world but he made that show tick.

I'm another one that used to be a fan of the show, they had some good features in there which were very enjoyable however the reduction of the time slot the show is given combined with the pressure on the programmes organisers to keep coming up with new funny features has made the humour seem a bit forced.

I might watch the Argyle fans on there to see if they get the chance to say anything of interest but other than that Soccer Am is very much a show I used to enjoy but can no longer bring myself to watch.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
bringonthemilkman":31wsgrtv said:

Who else is likely to sing "in Plymouth's fair city...."

Loads of clubs have a version of Molly Malone but I guess using the word Plymouth is quite unique :greensmile:

The pasty chant would be brilliant though.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
GreenSam":1miewu3v said:
John_Lloyd":1miewu3v said:

Agreed. The only one I look forward to now (when I bother to watch it) is Tubes. He manages to get a laugh out of me.

Mar 7, 2009
Keepitgreen":8i9xmyj0 said:
GreenSam":8i9xmyj0 said:
John_Lloyd":8i9xmyj0 said:

Agreed. The only one I look forward to now (when I bother to watch it) is Tubes. He manages to get a laugh out of me.

Not forgetting the Hairy Strikers!

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
bringonthemilkman":idp9cw9m said:
On the locked thread, Leigh (Lee) seems a bit concerned that those picked might have volunteered to make fools out of themselves.
What gives you that impression? I can't see anything to suggest that.

That's true PP but on the whole it does appear to have gone downhill.

Liam Vercoe

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 27, 2010
"We're Plymouth Argyle, we always believe"
"Westcountry lalala"
"Romain Larrieu tralalalala"

And the obligatory GREEN ARRMY!