Championship game of interest 30/04/24 | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Championship game of interest 30/04/24

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
I thought they’d be OK at this level but I certainly didn’t think they’d be going up automatically, I thought they’d be mid table and would perhaps flirt with the play offs. Fair play to them.

Reactions: MustardEagle
Oct 19, 2021
If they go up, which they will, I think it’s as big an achievement as Leicester winning the Premier League a few years ago.

Oct 19, 2021
Ipswich were 16/1 to win the league this year (which they didn’t), while Leicester were 2,500/1 to win the Premier League.
I don’t care about the bookies I’m giving my own personal opinion. I don’t think we will see another team gain back to back automatic promotions from League One to the Premier League for many years.

CarolinaGreen

🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸
Jun 10, 2006
Raleigh, North Carolina
If Ipswich had lost it would have been a bit of a coin toss as to who Norwich play in the playoffs. They have a good record against Ipswich, taking 4 points. Lost twice to Leeds. Now they’re most definitely going to want to finish above WBA, to secure avoiding Leeds, and will have to win to ensure that. I hope I have that right.

The Doctor

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
It does yes, but did anybody really see them probably getting 96 points and automatic promotion at the start of the season?
They have had a phenomenal season and all credit to them.
Funnily enough I do remember that there was talk at the end of last season that they would go straight up again. I think they were immediately made one of the bookies favourites for promotion. At the time it was rather annoying and seemed a bit crazy.

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
They have the financial backing & have brought in the likes of Hurst & Moore on loan
They have the continuity of the League 1 team that got them promoted
Shows what investment & bringing in the right type of player can do for a evolving club
The late great Paul Mariner would be proud

Jun 27, 2019
I don’t care about the bookies I’m giving my own personal opinion. I don’t think we will see another team gain back to back automatic promotions from League One to the Premier League for many years.
Probably not until the next team that spends £16m to build a Championship squad in League One. Stoke were among the top spenders in the Championship last summer with an £18m outlay - that's only £2m more than Ipswich spent in the division below.

It's still quite the achievement from McKenna but he's had a huge leg-up. If we'd been able to spend that kind of money we'd have ended up on 120+ points last season and would probably be among the frontrunners this season just like Ipswich.

Oct 14, 2015
And they finish off home against a team all but relegated just to confirm their promotion. I’m pleased for them, they’ve done remarkably well but still think Morsy is a thug but provides the bite in midfield which we really could do with