Carlisle in League 2 playoff final | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Carlisle in League 2 playoff final

mutley marvel

Cream First
āœ… Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
Ben Barclay scores the winner in extra time for Carlisle

What is bittersweet is that Ben Barclay is on loan from Stockport County & will not be able to play against his parent club in the League 2 Playoff final

Jan 20, 2004
Such a stupid rule. If we can suffer our Marcel Seip šŸ‘moment, so should everyone else.
Correct me if Iā€™m wrong, but not sure if itā€™s a rule or just between the two clubs when they negotiate the lone arrangement. I think the rot was already setting in by the time Seip went to Blackpool and nobody made an effort to cover the details.

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
āœ… Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
Ixelles/The City of Plymouth
Correct me if Iā€™m wrong, but not sure if itā€™s a rule or just between the two clubs when they negotiate the lone arrangement. I think the rot was already setting in by the time Seip went to Blackpool and nobody made an effort to cover the details.

Oh absolutely, the good ship Mayflower was holed below the waterline by then for sure.

bigalf

R.I.P
Dec 13, 2005
Keyham
I am sure Lord Thomas of Tynan scored a couple against Rotherham when he first returned on loan from them in the '86 promotion season. (Much to their disgust as they thought there was a gentleman's agreement that he would not play)

John Cooper

Cream First
Brickfields Donor
Auction Winner šŸ‘Øā€āš–ļø
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell
Pretty sure I read somewhere that is Mandatory that loanees cannot play against parent clubs in prem, but in EFL players can only play against the parent club - if it was written into the loan agreement at start of loan, or if altered in a transfer window?