Bye Bye Callum | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Bye Bye Callum

G

Greenskin

Biggs":1nycdy9e said:
MarkMatthews":1nycdy9e said:
PL2 3DQ":1nycdy9e said:
And yet, in December, Adams changed his whole tactical mindset and formation to enable both Carey and Lameiras to fit into the team which has resulted in good attacking football and good results.

Exactly. And how long had (the then) anti Adams, (and now turned pro) section of the fan base been calling for that?! We would be in the playoffs IMO, if that had been adopted when first called for by a significant proportion of the fan base.

Or the foundations had been built and confidence to play League One football was sufficient enough to be more expansive. Plus we'd been doing very well before Lameiras came into the side, and as I said before, Graham Carey has been expressing himself ever since Adams arrived.

It's such an incredibly simplistic view to just say that he should have listened to fans earlier. If he'd just adopted more attacking tactics in League 2, would we have been promoted? Would we have done so well against Liverpool?

I very much doubt it. Football tactics are like a see-saw, one push too far either way and the side becomes unbalanced. When things change as they have recently (our confidence, Toums, Lameiras finding form), you have to adjust and push it the other way a little.

Adams has done that, and it's really bizarre that people find a way to criticise it.

It will be very interesting to see how things develop from now on post Toumani and whether the plain truth is that the addition of a midfield player of some pedigree and goal scoring ability was behind the upturn in results rather than any tactical or style shift.One point from two games, no matter how much pretty passing football was played during a 3-1 home defeat, would suggest [albeit at an admittedly early stage] that there may well be a major problem in replacing the contribution made by TD.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Greenskin":c7hy785i said:
It will be very interesting to see how things develop from now on post Toumani and whether the plain truth is that the addition of a midfield player of some pedigree and goal scoring ability was behind the upturn in results rather than any tactical or style shift.One point from two games, no matter how much pretty passing football was played during a 3-1 home defeat, would suggest [albeit at an admittedly early stage] that there may well be a major problem in replacing the contribution made by TD.

Exactly my worry as well. I've been watching Argyle for 51 years (two days ago was my anniversary :greensmile:) and I have witnessed only a few players of his skill.

Jul 6, 2011
Voice_of_Reason":3h4qnba0 said:
Of course it could be argued that the arrival of Toums and the physical presence he gave us allowed us to pick Lamires?
For Fletcher the whole football world has changed. When he started playing as young boy nearly every team played two upfront and in the last few years nearly all play just the one. Even those that are full of pace and movement (lacazette jesus firminho and the two man city boys) know how to look after themselves and have tremendous upper body strength. With just one or two exceptions all the Championship lone strikers are big guys.
The goalposts have moved for a generation of young lads wanting to make it as a forward - there will always be exceptions but nigh on 90% of centre forwards today are big strong guys and if you don't meet that criteria you will need to be exceptional to make it.

Always remember the same being said about Isaac Vassell, in the early days he was slight in build, but certainly bulked up and now with Birmingham city.
A bit of effort and talent they can make it.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Extends his loan until the end of Dorchester's season in April.

PAFC

Feb 28, 2016
Great to see Cal showing no sour grapes and attending Coach Road last night, supporting his successors in Elliott and Harry.

Even greater to hear he has picked up the Dorchester fans’ player of the month, for the second month on the bounce. I am informed he is the first player in their history to pick it up back to back! Great to see him in such good spirits, and that his release is only pushing him and not gettting him down. Well done Cal.