Bury Fans | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Bury Fans

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Vampires11":s7f94iye said:
They have already sold Gigg Lane. Dale sold car park to his daughter. Housing development here we come.
I'm sure I heard a Bury fan on the radio say there's a covenant on the ground stipulating that it can only be used for sport. It's also been registered as an Asset of Community Value.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Keepitgreen":36khen4u said:
Vampires11":36khen4u said:
They have already sold Gigg Lane. Dale sold car park to his daughter. Housing development here we come.
I'm sure I heard a Bury fan on the radio say there's a covenant on the ground stipulating that it can only be used for sport. It's also been registered as an Asset of Community Value.

That's correct.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
The covenant may help save the ground.

The Asset of Community Value listing is worthless. All the ACV does is means the owner can't sell the property for six months, which gives a local community group the opportunity to try to raise the money to buy it. At the end of the six month period, the owner can sell to whoever he wants to - he does not have to sell to the community group - and he can choose to sell elsewhere for less money than the community group offers.

Matts 19

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Jul 19, 2019
Looking forward to coming down next week to watch the Oldham game. Totally devastated by what has happened to my club. Argyle are my team to follow until we sort this mess out one way or another

R

Rob Thomas

How about Macclesfield away on 21 December?

The away capacity there is 1,900 which should be plenty of room for everyone, plus ticket prices for the terrace are just £15 for adults.

It's a bit further compared to Oldham but it's a lot sooner than April! I for one would be happy to pay £15 to give a Bury fan a ticket if they wish to take it up.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Rob Thomas":2bav1sbe said:

The away capacity there is 1,900 which should be plenty of room for everyone, plus ticket prices for the terrace are just £15 for adults.

It's a bit further compared to Oldham but it's a lot sooner than April! I for one would be happy to pay £15 to give a Bury fan a ticket if they wish to take it up.
I'd have thought Port Vale would be a perfect opportunity. Away end holds 4k and we probably won't get close to that. Bury to Stoke, while not on the doorstep, isn't that far.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Argy1e":lh96ivw0 said:
Rob Thomas":lh96ivw0 said:

I'd have thought Port Vale would be a perfect opportunity. Away end holds 4k and we probably won't get close to that. Bury to Stoke, while not on the doorstep, isn't that far.

60 miles so just over an hours drive. Get them a 'free' coach? :think:

pafcprogs

🌟 Pasoti Laureate 🌟
Apr 3, 2008
Westerham Kent
I have spent a fair amount of time on the Bury Boards through this horrendous time for them.

They have the dual problem that they are still fighting to overturn the EFL decision but equally have deadlines to hit if they have to start a Phoenix club so for those who were heavily involved in the early days of our admin will probably have some idea of what they are going through.

I wonder if there could be a ( for the time being at least) a Bury category to allow news and information to be channelled to us and not getting overwhelmed by the much more relevent to most of the Pasoti base Argyle threads. that way those of us who want to try and help etc would have a temporary home at least to disseminate information.

Financially I think Forever Bury os the best place for any funds to avoid Messer Dale, and the Bury message board (https://www.gigglane.com) has a link to their Phoenix Club forum for those interested

https://www.gigglane.com/index.php?/for ... eral-chat/

I have offered to act as a conduit for information they want to get out to other clubs for Argyle.

On a personal note I think Port Vale (A) for a Fans Reunited event in support of Bury is a great location but a short amount of time.

Alan Turing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 24, 2010
Mutley
It has been for a while Kev. I joined a few months back and it was members only then.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Argylegames":26qaj8js said:
https://www.gigglane.com/ is locked down these days. Members only. Sign of their times.
I've just registered and waiting for it to be approved.